Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Customer wants new heater

13»

Comments

• Harvey Ramer
    Harvey Ramer Member Posts: 2,239
    In our countries history, millions of people have given their life so me and you have the freedom to speak our thoughts and make our own decisions.

That is all.
    vaporvacRich_49Canuckerbmwpowere36m3
  • Fred
    Fred Member Posts: 8,542
    edited April 2015
    Guys, Guys,

In our countries history, millions of people have given their life so me and you have the freedom to speak our thoughts and make our own decisions.

That is all.

Don't wave that flag just yet, @Harvey Ramer . I'm sure there are more of us who want to do a little more bashing before this thread comes to an end. We just need to give them time to get home from work and have a little dinner. :)
    vaporvacbmwpowere36m3
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    Why don't we end this, replace the Sharkbites and use two copper couplings!
    Rich_49
  • j a_2
    j a_2 Member Posts: 1,801
    null could not agree more. Its a thread that's not helping anyone.... I also think code issues should not be a major topic....Due to the fact there appears to be a huge difference depending on your location....last post on this one for me....
  • Rich_49
    Rich_49 Member Posts: 2,766
    Discussions are allowed on HeatingHelp also ja . Everyone reserves the right to participate or not . Sorry if we bothered you with our opinions . Code issues are a major topic , so is forcing a citizen to purchase a service or product which he very well may be able to do himself . There are actually several homeowners here that contribute valuable information on a regular basis . Should we not let them ?
    Why is it that the very worst problems I have seen on here originated in Mass , Middlesex County to be more accurate .
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC
    732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey, Eastern Pa .
    Consultation, Design & Installation anywhere
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
  • RobG
    RobG Member Posts: 1,850
    If code discussions want to be considered more fully why doesn't someone start a new thread? This started out about water heater insulation.
  • jonny88
    jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
    Seven years working under a nyc licensed plumber before I could even apply for test.Then all my material for practical, exams,books,class etc.Then take test.This all cost me a lot of money.On the other side if you are licensed and a customer calls most of the time you will get a mechanic and helper.Its now the lic holders responsibility to ensure job is done.My previous company had 45 guys which is average for NYC.You cant keep an eye on everyone.I dont care how good the homeowner is but until they put their time in they are not in my book entitled to pull a permit.Having said that this is a great discussion and both sides have valid points and believe me I have learnt a lot from "homeowners".They know who they are.My two cents.Maybe we should be looking at a heating license.A great plumber doesn't necessarily mean he/she will be a good heating person.A good steam guy doesnt make for a good mod/con guy.Good luck to all out there.