Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus burner reset

Options
pitgnarf
pitgnarf Member Posts: 6
Ran out of oil. Went to prime burner and upon pushing reset button, nothing happened, no burner start, nothing.
Happened once before 2 yrs ago after running out of fuel, 24 hrs later, was like nothing ever happened, started right up, primed and operated flawlessly since.......until now.
Any ideas?
It's cold in here.

Comments

• icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    What kind of burner? What kind of control? Some have to be re-set in a certain sequence if it stopped while running, and tried to restart 3 times, but doesn't start.
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    Options
    The burner pump may have run dry this time and you'll need a tech to prime it. If it's a one line system. Or, possibly sludge got stirred up and even if it's a 2 line system, filters/lines/internal burner parts are clogged. Best bet is to call a tech.
    icesailor
  • pitgnarf
    Options
    Did try to restart!
    Now as I stated in my original post nothing!
  • pitgnarf
    Options
    Buderus Logano G215
    Riello burner 40
  • pitgnarf
    Options
    The pump/blower will not run
  • wogpa67
    wogpa67 Member Posts: 238
    Options
    The pump/blower will not run

There's a reason for that.

Ice asked a couple of pertinent questions.

Don't get pissy with Techs that are trying to help you for free!!!!!!!!!
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    Options
    Check your switches and breaker. Push in and release the burner reset button. If nothing is still happening, I'm afraid you are going to have to make the call :(
    RobG
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,287
    Options
    And for goodness sake don't keep pushing the reset button... if it doesn't work on the first push, it's tech. time.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
    icesailorRobGZman
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    Turn the switch off for a few min, then back on. See if the reset is now lit. Also, you cant be rough with those controls. The connections where the control slides into may be an issue. I would have it looked at, and post in the oil section in the future.
  • pitgnarf
    Options
    Thanks all
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Options
    Riello's are bomb proof in the hands of an experienced tech. They differ from "Normal" controls. But they are completely different animals.

If it ran out of oil, it needs to be primed. Unless it is a 2-pipe or a Tigerloop. If its a single pipe, how do you explain about loosening the thingy screw, and with a pocket flashlight in one hand, and the other hand on the thingy, flip on the power switch (with the hand with the flashlight) and with the other, slide the thingy back ever so slightly with the flashlight shining in the crack by the thingy thing, and with a hose on the bleeder, let the burner run until you get oil out of the hose into a can. Then shut it off so you can recycle the burner after you put the thingy back. And keep your hand on the power switch in case someone tried to start it by hitting the reset only once (more like 10) times. So if and when it does start. it might do the boiler dance and dance the Rumbla. Maybe even get overly excited and blow the smoke pipe right out of the breeching and set off the smoke detectors.

I think I left out a few steps.
  • pitgnarf
    Options
    Update: left the Buderus alone overnight to contemplate it's bad behavior
    (No response when pushing reset button)
    I tried again this morning and the unit started, allowed me to prime it and fired flawlessly!
    Thank you all for your input.
    Bob Bona_4