Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

The Trithermogulator

Options
13»

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    I just don't see that you will ever get the flow rates to match perfectly. It would be difficult with a single zone and impossible with multi zone radiant. Aside from the initial cost. I feel that a conventional buffer tank would work better in most cases.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Options
    The control would be much simpler on a buffer.
  • Eastman
    Eastman Member Posts: 927
    edited December 2014
    Options
    You guys to don't like the controls? They're pretty highly integrated, you can't really separate the operation of one subsystem from the rest. But that's why I love it.
  • SWEI
    SWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    Options
    I'm not 100% certain what you're doing with that 'special' mixing valve (or is it just a 3-way)? The 'hydraulic resistors' could be 2-way proportionally controlled CCV's. Simpler is better, especially if you want to sell into the residential space.
  • Eastman
    Eastman Member Posts: 927
    edited December 2014
    Options
    @SWEI The valve is intended to be what I assume is a common 3-way mixing valve. As I see it, the flow setter and the 3-way are the only additional components of financial significance. The design is intended to be a configuration of off the shelf parts.

Is it confusing how the mixer relates to the rest of the system? It serves two functions at once. Regulating final space heating fluid temperatures and controlling the diversion of water through the tank.