Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Honeywell gas valve buzzing, again?

Options
2»

Comments

• ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,706
    edited November 2018
    Options
    New valve installed and she's silent so far. I also put a union by the valve this time like I should have the first time instead of way over by the valve.

I'd like to thank everyone for helping!
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • Spence
    Spence Member Posts: 316
    Options
    Kudos on a super neat installation! Check your local codes regarding your union inside the boiler cabinet.
    ChrisJrick in Alaska
  • ChrisJ
    Options
    Spence said:

Kudos on a super neat installation! Check your local codes regarding your union inside the boiler cabinet.

Not sure how I missed this reply!?
    Spence thank you for your kind words as well as the recommendation regarding local code. Local inspector doesn't have against the union in the cabinet luckily.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • Spence
    Options
    Still quiet?
  • ChrisJ
    Options
    Spence said:

Still quiet?

The new one is yep.
    The old one is in a box on the shelf for if I ever need it in an emergency.
  • Spence
    Options
    Congratulations on a job well done. The industry needs more like you. Do you allow cloning?
    ChrisJ
  • ChrisJ
    Options
    Spence said:

Congratulations on a job well done. The industry needs more like you. Do you allow cloning?

Sadly, I'm not in the industry, just a homeowner but thank you for the kind words!
  • Spence
    Options
    You deserve it. Keep Walling!
    ChrisJ
  • CARLLEMASTER
    CARLLEMASTER Member Posts: 1
    Options
    I installed a New York Boiler 4 years ago and after PM ing and getting it fired up for the first time my gas valve also started buzzing just like in the above video....Thanks for the info guys, I'll live with it and replace it if it fails
    ChrisJ
  • kmwest
    kmwest Member Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm having the same buzzing with a VR8204c3007 gas valve on my Burnham. (Boiler was installed in early 1990s, I think 1993). I've been in the house for four years so I don't know if the gas valve is original. This valve buzzed intermittently last winter, and this morning was the first time I noticed it this winter - we've been in a severe cold snap here in Minnesota for the last week so my boiler's been working overtime. The indicator lights (yellow and green) are both in the "heartbeat" pattern so it's no clear indication of a problem, but I'm also not eager for my boiler to die! Should I be preventative and call a heating tech to just replace it?
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    Options
    No have the tech come and test to see what is causing the buzzing then if it is the valve let him determine if it needs replaced.
    ChrisJ