Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pump speed setting for indirect with Taco variable speed pump?

Options
What setting is best for an indirect DHW tank plumber just a few feet from the boiler. I am thinking Low since its so close but since this, maybe different than a regular heating application I wondered what your thoughts are on this? I searched but never really found an answer. Thank you

Comments

• JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    What model tank? What size boiler? What size piping?
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,445
    Options
    It depends entirely on how much water you want to move through the tank -- which in turn depends on how much delta T you want in that circulation and the heat transfer characteristic of the indirect. Short answer? Need more information!
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • cwilliams2000
    cwilliams2000 Member Posts: 140
    Options
    Its a Superstor by HTP 60 Gallon and the piping is 1" Boiler is a Peerless WBV with a 1.1gph nozzle
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,379
    edited November 2014
    Options
    We'll need the pump model also. How is it piped? Good pics always help.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Short Shade Tree answer? In your case, start it set on #2. If it is fine and you don't run out of hot water, try #1. If you run out of hot water, go back to #2. If you run out of hot water on #2, go to #3. If you run out of hot water on #3, either learn to live with it or get a bigger input boiler.

Another way of asking would be: How far do I have to push the gas pedal on my car down to go 60 MPH?

# 2 or #1 will be fine.