Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit

Can anyone recommend a good book to learn the more complicated wireing for hot water control's?


  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 6,993
    There a quite a few good ones out there.
    What is your present comfort zone and what do you want to learn?
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • directshort
    directshort Member Posts: 3
    Well today for example I failed at wireing a secondary zone. It consisted of a peanut relay off off pump relay, taco zv, stat, and fan center for fan coil in garage. So I'm trying to find good detailed info on things to that nature. This setup was originally slaving off another secondary and I was just going to use a transfer and relay off end switch not realizing that I could just use existing fan center. So if I was doing a new install I still wouldn't have done it correctly.
  • directshort
    directshort Member Posts: 3
    Looks like a good start for me. Already ordered. Thanks a million.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 15,040
    Idronics 14 is a good wiring journal., click on Idronics. It is a downloadable pdf
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Dave H_2
    Dave H_2 Member Posts: 480
    Also take a look here. Everything imaginable when is comes to controls. "Taco Wiring Guide"

    Dave H
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,480
    I have written 33 manuals on all kinds of wiring configurations, contact me at [email protected] or call 401-437-0557 and I will try to help you out.

    I also run one week seminars covering all kinds of wiring and control situations with eight of my manuals as part of the course.
  • j a_2
    j a_2 Member Posts: 1,796
    Directshort if your not a licensed at what your trying to do, you best check local codes….Dont know what area ur in, but here in Mass., my area, it requires a permit…..