Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Dunkirk DWB Combi

Options
Le John
Le John Member Posts: 226
Anyone use or install the new Dunkirk DWB Combi Boiler?

<a href="http://www.ecrinternational.com/secure/upload/document/3522.pdf">http://www.ecrinternational.com/secure/upload/document/3522.pdf</a>

Comments

• kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options
    Looks like....

A Biasi like Riva boiler... Very popular. Not a condensing type boiler. but still a good mid efficiency set up.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    Seems like a race to the bottom

Everybody is trying to make the cheapest combi possible
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
    jonny88ZmanRich_49
  • kcopp
    Options
    I saw a presentation on The Utica version of this tonight... The CuB.
    It is decent. 3:1 modulation. Outdoor reset. Vents in al29c only. Curious to see what the price point on this is.
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    kcopp said:

I saw a presentation on The Utica version of this tonight... The CuB.
    It is decent. 3:1 modulation. Outdoor reset. Vents in al29c only. Curious to see what the price point on this is.

P/m me and I'll tell you.

Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • JBD
    JBD Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Has anyone had any experience with these yet? I need a propane combi unit and I'm debating between a Dunkirk CCB-150 or a Navien-NCB-180. Any thoughts?
  • kcopp
    Options
    I have used the Utica version once. It was ok. Hot water output was just ok. I wonder about longevity, kinda cheaply assembled. Converting it to LP will be a chore. You will need to change out a fair amount of orifices....one for each ribbon burner.
  • jonny88
    jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
    Options
    Navien in my opinion started this whole mess.Their advertising campaign is incredible and basically stole the market.Now its catch up time for the competition.Somehow they got into all the major supply houses,have their names on the employees shirts.
    Some people swear by them though but sure will be interesting in a couple of years.
  • njtommy
    njtommy Member Posts: 1,105
    Options
    I have done a few Navien tankless water heaters with the Propane conversion. My one buddy really tracks he's usages month by month. We had figured out with tankless hot water heater he was saving about 15 gallons of propane per month. Your return on investment is a lot faster with propane then NG. It's a pretty good selling point. Depending on LP prices.

I have a Navien NCB 240 combi unit in my house. First year with it and running NG. I love it so far. I'm running a dual fuel set up. Heat pump down into 30 degrees after I run my boiler to a hot water coil above my AHU. My house was nice a toasty all winter.
  • firefighter96
    firefighter96 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    null
    I have the Ccb-150 and have has nothing but issues! Warning codes, NO hot water, leaks from all over the unit. It feels like anyone who has this unit is a testing Guinea pig! The stupid thing didn't even have a hot cold mixer valve! My kids we're getting burned taking a shower! This unit is absolute garbage!
    Rich_49
  • kcopp
    Options
    Sounds like an install issue.
    Who would install it w/o a mixing valve?
    Got pictures?