Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Honeywell Zone Valve V8043 wiring

BuddyB
BuddyB Member Posts: 1
Hello ... I recently had a 6 zone heating system installed. My problem is, the 6th zone, although installed, was not wired. The installer was hospitalized during the installation and has not been able to return. The zone valve in question is a Honeywell V8043. It has a pair of red wires and a pair of yellows. There are two 40VA transformers installed (3 zones per). I can follow the existing wiring but the question I have is 'Does it matter which of the 2 red leads or 2 yellow leads are used without having to open the valve itself to see the wiring? I hope I'm making sense here. Thanks

Comments

• Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,363
    Leads

The yellow leads power the motor. The red leads are the end switch.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • Snowmelt
    Snowmelt Member Posts: 1,405
    No

As long as yellow go to yellow and the red goes to red.
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,363
    ??

Your comment doesn't make sense. The yellow leads ARE the motor leads and the red ARE the end switch. I'm talking about the actuator, not any system wiring.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,611
    edited March 2014
    Wire as follows (corrected)

Wire the hot lead (R) from the transformer to one yellow lead, wire the other yellow lead to one thermostat lead, A series circuit and it does not matter which motor lead goes to which connection.  The two red leads (end switch) go to "T T" on the relay. It does not matter which red goes to which "T".

Thanks Pughie just one too many sentences.
  • Pughie1
    Pughie1 Member Posts: 135
    Zone Valve Relay panels

How about  investing in one of the several out there zone valve relay panels? With 6 zones it would make a much simpler neater job. You wouldn't even need to use the zone valve end switches if you chose not to.

Timmie, go over your last post would you?

John Pughe
  • icesailor
    icesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Zone Valve Panels:

I think that guy already has a 6 zone,  zone valve panel. The installer got sick and couldn't finish the job. He needs to get the last zone wired so it works.

It can be confusing but look at how the other 5 zones are wired and what colors go to where.
  • Pughie1
    Pughie1 Member Posts: 135
    Panels

Ice,

I interpreted him saying "he had 2 transformers" as being separate transformers, but you could be right as there are 2 transformers in the 6 zone panels.

john