Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Boiler Size ?

sgtmikey
sgtmikey Member Posts: 14
Hi. I am considering switching to gas. I currently have oil/radiant heat in a cape on Long Island. That inground tank is an accident waiting to happen. I converted to radiant heat a few years ago. I had the install specced out by a company in Maine. They provided me with this info based on my report of room size, r values, windows, etc: They gave me a total heatload w/o DHW: 38kBTU's/HR.

The install was plumbed into the existing boiler. Now that I am switching, I have the opportunity to correctly size the boiler. What should I be looking for? The new setup will have a 60 gal indirect hot water tank.

Thanks. Great site, btw.

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    Firetube HX

I would be looking at a Mod/con boiler. The biggest difference between models is the heat exchanger. There are many posts on here debating which is best. My preference is Triangle Tube. The Prestige 60 looks like a good fit for you. What are your DHW needs? What heats your dhw now?

Carl
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • sgtmikey
    sgtmikey Member Posts: 14
    DHW

DHW needs are not great. Just two of us but she likes her baths. DHW is provided by a coil in the boiler right now.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    Small world

Just got your contact info from Triangle Tube!
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
This discussion has been closed.