Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Congratulations John Barba...

Mark Eatherton
Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
Fellow Wallies,

Please join me in congratulating John Barba and welcoming him into the Hydronic Hall of Fame :-)

John is the most recent recipient of the Carlson-Holohan Industry Award of Excellence. We presented him with the Gil Carlson Wheel yesterday in a brief ceremony at the AHRI conference in Chicago.

Thanks to Mr Holohan, Mr Bean, Mr Yates, Mr Webster, and all of the THOUSANDS of other supporting casts that helped make this happen.

I can't think of a more fitting person to receive this lifetime achievement award.

John was speechless, which has NEVER happened to John. :-)

Carry it forward proudly John :-) You have 2 years to get over the shock.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,633
    Congratulations John

definitely very deserving of the award.
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,441
    Ditto

John's a great guy, an excellent teacher and very much deserving of this honor.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557
    Truely

An excellent choice for this years recipient!
  • Nathan_6
    Nathan_6 Member Posts: 40
    John Barba

speechless Wow
  • Rich Davis_2
    Rich Davis_2 Member Posts: 117
    John's Award

Congrats, John, it couldn't have gone to a more deserving person. But, being speechless that would have been a sight to see.
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Grats

to John!!
  • rb_6
    rb_6 Member Posts: 222
    edited January 2012
    Talk about doing your best!

Way to go John!

A standing ovation for the home run from a real modern day hydronics hero!

You deserve it and legions of your supporters agree.

Congrats from a long time fan.

Robert Bean

p.s. a big thanks to John Vastyan, Rae Aldrich and Mark Chaffee for arranging the logistics and of course to Taco and John White Jr. for his inspirational and very fitting speech on education and doing ones best – moments in time just don’t get any better.

p.s.s a big thanks to Ken Webster, Mark Eatherton, Dave Yates and Dan Holohan –  until next Namaste to you my friends.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,585
    Makes me so happy

to see John as the next keeper of the flame. So well deserved. Thanks to all for a wonderful hand-off!
    Retired and loving it.
  • John Barba
    John Barba Member Posts: 166
    Thank you!

Thanks for the kind words, gang. Really am speechless! I'm very honored to be entrusted with this amazing artifact - named after two giants - and look forward to telling its story for the next two years.

Just hope I don't break it!
  • John Barba
    John Barba Member Posts: 166
    edited January 2012

• Paul Rohrs_14
    Paul Rohrs_14 Member Posts: 80
    edited January 2012
    here - hear

My congratulations to  a deserving industry icon.

John has brought an industry forward....light years.  (Present Company Included)...meaning....all of the previous winners included.

John has a clear focus on what the industry will eventually be, and...if you haven't "seen" him lately, the Johbar@taco-hvac "Lite" version has impacted the industry for the better. 

John is too modest to tell you he has a new, and renewed laser-beam focus on impacting the industry for a long time to come because he has lost 57 lbs thus far. 

Pause for excited murmering,

He is now, not allowed to keep sending 8x10 color glossies to my wife for fear of reprisal.

That's right, John is now the new "JB Lite" version and the industry looks forward to many more years of insight because of it. 

I lift my glass, (albeit a lite-version) to JB's renewed vigor in impacting the industry for a long time to come.

Congratulations my friend.   You truly inspire an industry.

Paul
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    I noticed that too....

The boy is SKINNY! He looks good, and feels great.

A legend in my mind :-) Setting a FINE example for all contractors to follow.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.