Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Maximum Length of exhaust exposed to cold for Buderus GB142

Options
kgssully
kgssully Member Posts: 5
Hi Guys,

Trying to find the info for the maximum length of exhaust pipe that can be exposed to the cold(in MA) before I have to worry about freezing. Having trouble meeting the 4ft from window requirement and would need to run about another foot or two outside away from window to meet this spec. Any ideas? Thanks a lot. Great website!!

Comments

• VictoriaEnergy
    VictoriaEnergy Member Posts: 126
    Options
    Uninsulated vent specs

The manufacturer should provide the specs; but since you're asking the question, I'll assume they don't.

The attached specs are from Carrier/Bryant spec sheet on a 94% efficient furnace with a PVC vent system, so flue temps are likely similar.  A single wall stainless vent system would merit a little more conservative approach. The last 3 digits in the unit size is the BTU inputs (the 042060 is a 60 000 BTU input furnace.)

I hope this helps.
    Home Owners Please Note:

You are receiving advice from some very skilled pros completely free of charge. One of the reasons I participate is to sharpen my own troubleshooting skills. So; did we get it right? I would be grateful if you extend this courtesy back by posting the final outcome of the issue you are inquiring about. Thanks
  • kgssully
    kgssully Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks

Perfect. Thank you. I couldn't find anything like this in the Buderus manual!
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,376
    Options
    Here is What You're Looking For

It's one their tech bulletins. It's on their web site.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
This discussion has been closed.