Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

weil mclain gv gold lockout problems

Options
124»

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,841
    Options
    @1sttimeposter
    You'd be better off starting a new discussion, as this thread is 7 years old.
    Pop up box with printer, earth, star, pencil.
    Click pencil.
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,432
    Options
    sounds like the pressure switch.
  • 1sttimeposter
    1sttimeposter Member Posts: 39
    Options
    Not sure if it is the gas valve because it hasn't gone pass pre-purge or even reached the ignitor glowing stage yet.

This morning, knew there's the same problem when hot water is just lukewarm. Ran down and could hear pump was still running, but not the blower. The boiler not doing anything with DHW calling for heat. And the PURGE indicator light was blinking with the steady green power light on.

This time, 1st attempt in power reset did it and completed the call (after 2 or 3 cycles without me resetting power again). Now back on standby mode.

Not sure if it is coincidental or what, but this reset almost always needed in the mornings after a couple of days of smooth operation.

Very frustrating!

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,841
    Options
    Green light on steady
    Purge light blinking
    Follow chart on page 9
  • captainco
    captainco Member Posts: 794
    Options
    It would be nice if someone took a combustion test with the outside air pipe hooked up and then one with it disconnected. Might be some valuable info, or not? It is hard to separate a mechanical problem from a combustion problem without measurements.

Wait, everything is factory set and perfect and needs no checking!!
    I have a few bridges for sale!!
  • 1sttimeposter
    1sttimeposter Member Posts: 39
    Options
    Thanks all.

Just ordered a new pressure switch and will report back once installed.

I will open a new thread then as kindly suggested by HVACNUT.
  • lon21
    lon21 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    I Found this forum when I was searching for reasons why my boiler periodically locking out. Going through 3 service calls, replacing hot surface igniter and still having the same problem, I was told it could be the board or gas valve. I found that the problem was a dollars worth of plastic tube coming from the drain bib of the starter vent elbow inside the boiler cabinet. I replaced tube and it’s been humming along ever since.
  • SomeoneTookMine
    SomeoneTookMine Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Why leave such a valuable thread dormant??? Learned a lot with this one but isn't solving my issue. Part I: HE II-4 with a 1013-200 replacing the 1992 Original in 2017 when WMc told me it was the cause of the then current issue I was having (wasn't - that ghost of an issue was a bad terminal on the gas valve shutting down the supply whenever it felt like it). The problem at hand: I know I NOW have a faulty differential pressure switch. It may or may not have been before my trying to diagnose. I have since disconnected the hoses and are manually closing the circuit once we get to that stage. I understand it needs to prove a draft for combustion before going on. Turn power on & green goes on along with momentary light on pressure switch circuit. About 6 seconds later the call for heat (at least 1 of the 5 zones are calling!) AND Limit circuit closed blower powered light MOMENTARILY comes on(3rd red LED). That's where it stops with just the green light on. I have tried many on off cycles of main power and occasionally it will continue to the next step unless i forget to close the differential circuit (bypassing manually). It will cycle on and off for hours, give us plenty of heat & hot water, then go back to the "I ain't gonna be easy to start again" mode. When appropriate LEDs come on there is movement of the fan and power to the circulator as long as a zone valve is open.

Part II - It seems the original spec for the switch unit was .95 WC - model 511-624-510 UPC 645220425235. I'm seeing the same part number out there with a 1.00 WC rating. Is this going to make a difference with a replacement?

Thank everyone who has participated in this thread and especially anyone who can help keep this caveman's dinosaur going.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,540
    Options
    @SomeoneTookMine

you would be much better off starting a new thread
    Erin Holohan Haskell
  • SomeoneTookMine
    SomeoneTookMine Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you - Will do.
    Erin Holohan Haskell