Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Contractor survey...

Options
Mark Eatherton
Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
Wallsters, if you would please, go to <a href="http://www.heatinghelp.com/forum-thread/130339/Contractor-Survey">http://www.heatinghelp.com/forum-thread/130339/Contractor-Survey</a>

I am preparing to write another article on CO, and would appreciate your taking time to go there and comment. Your input is valid, and no names will be mentioned, so if it is your company policy to NOT test any and or all appliances, then I understand. There is no "Standard of care" at this time, but there may very well be one in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to help educate others.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• Wayne_16
    Wayne_16 Member Posts: 130
    Options
    What is the universal standard to be used fo CO?

There are guidelines and recommendations for CO levels.  As an industry, are we going to come up with hard and fast rules?

I would like a very definitive answer to the question of how much CO is too much.  I am very aware of the limits and guide lines.  9 ppm of co for prolonged exposure, 35 ppm for a 8 hour work day etc. 

When testing co in a home,

1-      Who makes the call of high CO levels?  What authority do they have?   Who will back the tech (company)?

2-     As a technician, what number do you use to sound the alarm of high CO levels. 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, ppm?   Do you use a higher number?

3-      If there are smoker in the household/business, how much background CO is allowed before sounding the alarm?

4-      What are the requirements for a business with food cooking appliances?

5-      What is the definition of a healthy adult?  Where do we find this & how to interrupt the definition?

6-      Firefighters use 35 ppm before wearing the self contained breathing apparatus gear.   At the same time 35 ppm is allowed in a work environment for an 8 hour day.  Is this a conflict?  If it is not safe for a firefighter, why is it safe for a worker?  

7-      What is the guide line for a 10 hour day?  

8-      How many have been in construction environments that have a CO detector on site and alarming, yet no one does anything about the high co levels?

If some techs are sounding the alarm, red tagging equipment, testing for CO on every job, correcting high CO burning appliances and tuning them to manufactures specifications, how does the industry bring the majority of non believers on board? 

What is going to be the uniform standards that can be referenced to for all situations?

Thank you for allowing me to ask the questions and bring forward my concerns

Minnesota Wayne
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    Great questions all Wayne....

and if you don't mind, I am going to move this over to the CO area.

Thanks for asking the questions that probably everyone else wanted to ask, but didn't know how. While you are at it, go to the CO section, and click on the post labeled Interesting Reading...

Thanks for participating.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Wayne_16
    Wayne_16 Member Posts: 130
    Options
    Yea I saw the post in CO forum

Lets move this forward with CO concerns.

Minnesota Wayne
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,625
    Options
    Everyone

needs to go to the CO section and read what Mark and others have posted.
This discussion has been closed.