Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

W-M Ultra owners/installers, take note

Options
brian p
brian p Member Posts: 1
If there is corrision on the out side, there will be corrision on the inside as well. I would take heat exchanger apart to clean boiler(should be done annualy) to be sure condensate is running through boiler properly!

Comments

• Xc8p2dC
    Xc8p2dC Member Posts: 41
    Options
    Corrosion

I recently had an Ultra80/S2 go into lockout with a E29 error code [Blower/fan not at zero]
    Upon inspection, the blower is directly under the air intake port, and suffered abnormal corrosion after 3 years

I live on the coast, less than a mile from the ocean and build up seems to be related to salty air/fog/rain

So far, cleaning the ground strap, has not let problem return as of yet

I wonder if the series 3 is designed the same way?
  • Tony_23
    Tony_23 Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    other cause

Same thing can happen with cross-contamination by flue gas. A larger separation between intake and exhaust usually cures it.
  • The Boiler Dr.
    The Boiler Dr. Member Posts: 163
    Options
    That Location

is less than ideal in very cold climates too. I have had them freeze solid from ingesting ice cold air through the vent holes in the top of the air horn. W/M suggested solution was to install a deflector shield to divert ice cold air away from the motor. Of course there is lots of room for that!!
    Quality design!?!?
  • Xc8p2dC
    Options
    Nope

Not the ground, error code/lockout came back, I noticed this time that 2 007 circs continute to run as well.
    Reset and disconnect allow it to fire back up once blower stopped

Currently got it running at LF, so it will not cycle off, gong to be single digits this weekend

Anyone else experiance this lockout? /fix
  • UpsetW-Mowner
    UpsetW-Mowner Member Posts: 3
    Options
    E29 onUtra 155

I had the same problem this month. It is about 3 years old. How can i run at LF? what does the LF mean?

I talked to a technican at W-M. He said the blower motor is bad. It seems that the whole blower assembly kit needs to be replaced, although the blower can run. Do I really need to replace the whole assembly kit?

By the way, how can I open the blower?

Thanks.
  • Xc8p2dC
    Options
    Not to worry

Should be coverered under factory warranty if you registered your boiler with WM

Their not simple fans anymore, not servicable, lots of electronics in it and plays a big part of system operations>> LF is low fire, worked in my situation, but not everyones
  • tommyoil
    tommyoil Member Posts: 613
    Options
    Hey Tony

You sure you know what you're talking about??? Did you take the "pro" test yet? Just wondering.
  • Tony_23
    Options
    Yeah, TO

I finally did pass, after I installed a new system in my own house. The couple thousand before that don't count ;)

Inducers, blowers, pressure switches, all the same and all have 'em right ?

Ooohhh, my sarcasm isn't "nice", I should stop.....
  • tommyoil
    tommyoil Member Posts: 613
    Options
    I knew you could do it

Cheerios are on me next time.
  • UpsetW-Mowner
    Options
    Thanks

I will contact W-M. It seems that the W-M really has quality problem. My system has broken twice this year after it passed 3 years.
  • UpsetW-Mowner
    Options
    Would you tell me how to set up at LF status?

I would like to know how to set up at the low fire status. I need to try to start the boiler up now before it is fixed. Thanks.
  • Tony_23
    Options
    LF

If it doesn't fire up when you reset it, it doesn't matter.
This discussion has been closed.