Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Plumbing Contractors License

124»

Comments

• scott w.
    scott w. Member Posts: 207
    frosty reply

Rich,

That was a bit of a nasty reply. I sure you do EVERYTHING by the book. I was not bragging!

Let me say that in Pennsylvania one of the most hated tax is the property tax (school tax). I might add that every one does not pay their fair share when it comes to property tax in some counties in Pa..
    I feel that if I improve my house on the interior, it is not the goverments business to come and look and say, yes it sure is nice, now here is a new and larger tax bill for you to pay so your local school district can pay the nice teachers 80K per year plus all employer paid health benifits, a retirement package that would make a politician salivate, three month vacation ect.

We in western pa have a history with the tax collectors!

In 1794 Congress put a tax on whiskey and the stills that made it, to pay for the rev. war. Western Pa farmers that had whiskey stills hated this tax so much that when the goverment tried to collect the tax, collectors were stripped naked, dipped in tar, then rolled in feathers. Tax collectors houses were burned, federal mail was opened.

Five thousand people marched on Pittsburgh in 1794 with the intent to burn the town to the ground. If it wasn't for the man in charge of Fort Pitt who had the townspeople meet the mob several miles before with food and drink, Pittsburgh would have been reduced to ashes.

It was the first time in the new republics history, George Washington, who with federal
    troops marched west from Philadelphia to quell the rebellion.
  • Rich Kontny_3
    Rich Kontny_3 Member Posts: 562
    Response fromScott H.

> Rich,

>

> That was a bit of a nasty reply. I sure

> you do EVERYTHING by the book. I was not

> bragging!

>

> Let me say that in Pennsylvania one

> of the most hated tax is the property tax (school

> tax). I might add that every one does not pay

> their fair share when it comes to property tax in

> some counties in Pa.. I feel that if I improve

> my house on the interior, it is not the

> goverments business to come and look and say, yes

> it sure is nice, now here is a new and larger

> tax bill for you to pay so your local school

> district can pay the nice teachers 80K per year

> plus all employer paid health benifits, a

> retirement package that would make a politician

> salivate, three month vacation ect.

>

> We in

> western pa have a history with the tax

> collectors!

>

> In 1794 Congress put a tax on

> whiskey and the stills that made it, to pay for

> the rev. war. Western Pa farmers that had

> whiskey stills hated this tax so much that when

> the goverment tried to collect the tax,

> collectors were stripped naked, dipped in tar,

> then rolled in feathers. Tax collectors houses

> were burned, federal mail was opened.

>

> Five

> thousand people marched on Pittsburgh in 1794

> with the intent to burn the town to the ground.

> If it wasn't for the man in charge of Fort Pitt

> who had the townspeople meet the mob several

> miles before with food and drink, Pittsburgh

> would have been reduced to ashes.

>

> It was the

> first time in the new republics history, George

> Washington, who with federal troops marched west

> from Philadelphia to quell the rebellion.

• Rich Kontny_3
    Response fromScott H.

OK Scott, I've rubbed salt in a sore wound and you have built up quite a reply. I will tell you that yes I have made mistakes but am man enough to admit them and learn from them.

If you would take time to truly get involved you would find out that there are rules and laws that have to be passed and uniformly applied. You can and obviously have decided to not conform.

If you are comfortable tailoring laws and rules to fit your wants and needs so be it. Would like to know your occupation in order to avoid your lack of ethics.

Thanks for your transparency!

Rich K.
  • scott w.

Rich,

I do have ethics. I believe every one including you pick and choose what rules you want to ignore and which ones to obey.

Don't ride that moral high horse with me. Your first post says quite abit about you.

Before I started this project i asked what permits were needed. Was told a certain person in charge of permits would call me.

Never happened!

Enough said on this post, move on
  • Rich Kontny_3
    If You Say So!

Scott,

Bless you for you know not what you post!

Please spare me the back stepping and weak arguments!
  • chris_86
    chris_86 Member Posts: 53

I love the anonymity afforded this thread and the internet! All of us who have suffered (?) under the codes which exist to protect the innocent get thwarted by those who want to justify their illegal activities. Can't remember when I had as much fun speaking with thugs and thieves, and psychopaths trying to convince us of their innocence as they steal from us.
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884

"I believe every one including you pick and choose what rules you want to ignore and which ones to obey."

I am not sure just who youthink you are speaking about but I know its not ME !!!! Codes are made to be followed and are there to Help those of us who CARE about what we do.

SO you pick and choose which ones you like huh ? Nice morals standards!

Scott M.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Kevin O. Pulver
    Kevin O. Pulver Member Posts: 380
    anonymity Chris?

I've got my middle initial and last name right on every post Chris. A google search can locate me very easily without even knowing my address of: 401 South Smith, Kenesaw Nebraska 68956. I've got nothing to hide, and none of my jobs have been illegal. I don't know who you are referring to by "anonymity." There are a lot of guys named Chris.
    I can see good points on both sides of this thread/issue, but when the debate degenerates into name calling, how convincing is your argument? Kevin
  • Maine Doug_52
    Maine Doug_52 Member Posts: 71
    So after all this

did you get an answer?
  • burninben
    burninben Member Posts: 33

What the heck happened to L.D.?
  • ANDREW_12
    ANDREW_12 Member Posts: 29

L.D. is now on the electricianhelp.com trying to find out if that is an easer licence to steal.

andrew
  • burninben
    burninben Member Posts: 33

Be nice.
  • ANDREW_12
    ANDREW_12 Member Posts: 29
    sorry

just playing
  • Kevin O. Pulver
    Kevin O. Pulver Member Posts: 380
    You guys laugh,

but I think that I might actually have better advice than some of the licensed M.D.s that are practicing. Although I freely admit my training didn't include all the time-honored traditions of bleeding, exorcism, or leeches.;-)
    Kevin
  • chris_86
    chris_86 Member Posts: 53
    mds,...

Mds still use Maggots, and leeches, like the truth, it sounds unplesant but that's the way it is!
  • scott w.

Rich

You just got to have the last word!
  • BadPlumber
    BadPlumber Member Posts: 1
    New website fot those interested in unlicensed plumbers and contractors

I just launched a new website concerning unlicensed plumbers. We are attempting to get a group of plumbers together that have an interest in protecting the integrity and value of our plumber licenses. Check out  www.BadPlumbers.org

Thanks

Evan Conklin Admin

(I own a plumbing & heating company in Seattle too)
  • Jean-David Beyer
    Jean-David Beyer Member Posts: 2,666
    The officials are paid by taxpayer dollars!

I am not supposed to say what I paid to have my boiler and hot water heater replaced, and zoning added, etc., so I won't.

I will say that the permits to have that done (that includes the inspection fees) were $395. Do you mean the town pays more than that  to do the inspections that seem to take only 10 or 15 minutes to do, mainly kibbitzing with the contractor's employees?
This discussion has been closed.