Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Best Concert Ever

13»

Comments

• Cory C
    Cory C Member Posts: 1
    Yes - Steve Howe

I've seen Yes 4 wonderful times. I saw Steve Howe solo once, and just this summer with ASIA. Howe and Palmer on the same stage. I was too young the first time around in 1983. Made sure I got there this time.
  • Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557

"Where are we going today, Mr. Peabody?""Well, Sherman, I'll set the Waybac Machine for 1966....
  • Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557

Here's an interesting fact. Back in the 60's or early 70's the booking agent for The Doors had them play Staples High School in Westport where his daughter, I think, went to school. Two other bands of the time played there too, I believe. Must have been nice.
  • Tombig_5
    Tombig_5 Member Posts: 60
    Concert(s)

Around '74 Jethro Tull played at Joliet Central H.S. fieldhouse. First row balcony w/ UFO opening. Couldn't believe it and neither could Ian Anderson..playing a high school.

Best never saw..Skynyrd and Climax Blues band at the Aragon "Brawl"room in Chicago. Heard the whole thing but only got to stand on a chair and see for Free Bird at the end.

Zeppelin at the old Chicago Stadium '75 12th row Jimmy had a broken wrist but jammed anyway

Santana/Clapton at same venue. Right after 461 Ocean Blvd and Eric's return. They jammed at the end and Carlos blew him away. E.C. was only just returning to form.

Mid 80's Clapton/Muddy Waters. It was near MW's end and Johnny Winter was touring and living with the legend. To see the three of them on stage at the end was worth a hundred concerts

Ten Years After farewell tour about '74

Frank Zappa at the Auditorium (plush) Theater about '75...he was banned from the venue after that show

Charlie Daniels BEFORE that "Devil" song. "Birmingham Blues" is still one of my all time favorite songs...period

Moody Blues about '96 with a full orchestra. One of the best songmeisters' in rock

Fogerty's first tour when he started doing Creedence songs again

Rory Gallagher at a small suburban club late '70's

Elton John w/ Kiki Dee late '70's...free tickets, thought I would hate, but he rocked the rafters

Any Cracker show

Any mediocre blues band in a small club

Whew! Scratched the surface but there it is

Live Album:

J. Geils "Full House"

Bob Seger "Live Bullet"

John Hiatt "Live at Budokan"

• Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,399
    Quick Music Trivia

Without Google. Name the original lead singer of REO, where did he go, what band? 3rd Lead singer? Kevin Cronin is not the answer.

Original guitar player for Styx? Not Tommy Shaw. It's bizzare knowledge that get's me through the day...

Rick
This discussion has been closed.