Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco 00R

Weezbo
Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232

Comments

• Rob_25
    Rob_25 Member Posts: 20
    Taco 00R

Has anyone used a Taco 00R circulator? Is there any difference between the 00R and an 008? The tech support I got at Taco didn't seem too sure other than the 00R having an LED when running.

Thanks, Rob.
  • Rob_25
    Rob_25 Member Posts: 20

That's the way I saw it. I just wondered if there was some benefit to using the 00R in a radiant application.

Rob.
  • Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 704
    00R synonymous with radiant

The Taco 00R was specifically designed for the radiant market. The theory behind differentiating the 00R from the 00 series was making this pump, because of its performance curve synonymous with radiant systems. In most cases people in general have a difficult time sizing a circulator for their proposed radiant system design. The 00R curve satisfies most design criteria without having to select a pump specifically for that design.
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
  • An alternative

might be to check out the UPS 15-58FC (SuperBrute). You have a greater degree of performance based upon the 3-speed capability of the pump. Additionally, medium speed is roughly equivalent to the 00R, giving you the ability to tune the system up or down if you need to.

Check out the attached literature for curves.
  • Rob_36
    Rob_36 Member Posts: 16

Thanks for the suggestion. To explain a little further, I have 6) Taco 007 circulators in my system. I would like to replace one of them to get more flow through some radiant loops. Other than looking out of place with the other Tacos the super brute would seem to be a good option. Would it mount to the same webstone flange as the 007 was on?

Thanks, Rob.
  • brucewo1b
    brucewo1b Member Posts: 638
    Yes but you may

have to turn the flanges 90 degrees
  • You can specify the model that mates up

with the same flange orientation as the 007. It is a UPS 15-58FRC. The R stands for rotated flange, so it will mate up with your installed flanges.
  • Jed_2
    Jed_2 Member Posts: 781
    It's a 008, Joe, with IFC (NM)

This discussion has been closed.