Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

AC Filters for HV System

Sorry, I don't have an answer for you. But I am running Hi-V as well and have the same question about filters.

Comments

• Larry in Phila
    Larry in Phila Member Posts: 6
    Filters--where?

I love this page, I found it for help with the steam system we recently acquired, but then I also saw trhe A/C section.
    We have a new H/V 5 ton A/C install. Is there abetter source of filters other than from my installer? All I have been able to find so far is 4-Pack of True Blue Pleated fron Home Depot by special order. They say these can last longer (up to 3 months) than the 1 month fiberfills my AC company has, and also do better for allergens, but my AC compnay warns that these could get constriced and cause problems for the air flow. My needed size is 14" x 36" x 1".
    Anyone have any suggestions as to where else I can look, or advise that I should not get these?
    Thanks.
  • tom_49
    tom_49 Member Posts: 269

Be careful w/ those filters. they take out more particulates but HV systems are VERY touchy when it comes to air flow.

I would use the fibreglass filters and change it every 2 wks.
  • km_2
    km_2 Member Posts: 1
    Filter source

IAQSOURCE.COM

I use the 3M allergen filters.
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Filters

Hi! Filters! I sell "pleated filters" because they do catch more particles then those see-through filters. ANY HV system can use better filters because the return duct should be size correctly to begin with .The more caught in the filter is less dirt being resirculated,less dirt on the evap coil and less dirt plugging up the condensate drain.And then there are electronic air cleaners!Enjoy!
This discussion has been closed.