Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New install,Very old house

I admit , you're smarter than me . We installed a Buderus a few weeks ago and I built the header right over the Logomatic . I'm an idiot .

How long does an install like this take ? Do you have another company rip out the old junk ?

One thing I learned recently is to throw a level on the Riello , it's real hard to see if it's straight when you put it in . You do amazing work Dave , post more picture often .

Comments

• David Sutton_5
    David Sutton_5 Member Posts: 87
    200 yr plus house

We just finished this, the house was frist heated with a Vapor steam system but 15 yrs or so ago some thought it would be a good idea to change it to hot water:( what a bummer, they left all the old piping and added coin vents and a new boiler.. there was 4" 3" 2" 1 1/4" 3/4". there was a huge amount of water volume!! after that boiler gave up the ghost they put in a 4 sec 468 w+m that would not do it all so they added another GO-4 to handle the other zones but the 468 was wiped out way to much water for a 8148. we removed all the old pipe and added a 1 1/4" mono flow to the main house and repiped the added zones , removed the glycol, added a heat exchanger for the 4 season room, added no-burst to just that, it was a fun job, we also found that they left have the traps still intact, the house comes up to temp nice and even now
  • gerry gill
    gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
    you do very nice work!

its a shame that they didn't want to restore its former steam glory tho..but your work is beautiful.
    gwgillplumbingandheating.com
    Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

• David Sutton_5

Thanks Gerry
  • John White
    John White Member Posts: 120
    taco

Love the taco stuff on this job. Nothin' better!!!
  • Constantin
    Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
    Looks Great!

That is a very compact install. It's too bad they couldn't give you more room to allow the piping to be more accessible. I know that cartridges are easy to replace and all that, but I prefer the pumps to be away from the electronics. Not that this sort of situation is uncommon - my pumps hover over the boiler as well.

If there is one finishing touch, I'd insulate the pipes down there. Congrats!
  • David Sutton_5

thank you Constantin,
    i just wish i could make the pictures stand up stright LOL
  • Constantin
    Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
    Your wish is my command...

Cheers!
  • David Sutton_5
    THANK YOU

You are the TOPS!!!
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,832
    Superb Craftsmanship Mr Sutton!

Where is that house? Any property? History? a Barn? Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • David Sutton_5
    Maddog..

How have you been?? The house was built about 1750's its a center flue colonial, as you can see in the photo i had to hydro cement a all flue pipe into the tile because the wood beam runs thru the chimney. all the wood work is still the same as when it was built, got a small barn thats now a car garage. looks real nice. The house i live in was built about 1780 its a L shape farm house.
  • Ted_9
    Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718

Very nice. I know the owners will be comfortable and save fuel.

PATRIOT HEATING & COOLING, INC.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • David Sutton_5
    Thanks Ted.

This discussion has been closed.