Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

where can I get an accurate thrermometer to measure super heat a

C&D makes a superheat kit-it allows you to remove the schrader core and insert a temp probe to measure the gas directly. Can't get much closer than that!

Comments

• ken D
    ken D Member Posts: 60
    where can I get an accurate thermometer?

I don't trust the ones I have? It's 2005, does an accurate thermometer exist yet? Especially one with easy clamping onto a round pipe.
  • Eugene Silberstein 3
    Eugene Silberstein 3 Member Posts: 1,380
    Ask TGO

Ask Tom from TGO about the success he's been having with the thermometer I hooked him up with.

Tom, can you supply the info (make, model, etc.) for Ken as well as any comments about your expeience with it.

Much appreciated.
  • TGO_54
    TGO_54 Member Posts: 327
    Thermometer

> Ask Tom from TGO about the success he's been

> having with the thermometer I hooked him up

> with.

>

> Tom, can you supply the info (make,

> model, etc.) for Ken as well as any comments

> about your expeience with it.

>

> Much

> appreciated.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • TGO_54
    TGO_54 Member Posts: 327
    Thermometer

I have a Check-it Superheat Pyrometer - available at Graingers. It has 3 temp probes and will calculate the temp differance between any two. It has magents on the back which hold fairly well ( don't leave the weight of 3 leads on it or it will slip). Don't bother with the velco straps just get a few big spring clips and put some insulation on the inside. It also comes in a nice plastic case. It only reads to the full degree - no tenths but for superheat, subcooling, and duct temps its fine.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • michael terry
    michael terry Member Posts: 30
    FLUKE

MAKES A NICE PIPE CLAMP THERMOMETER. BEST $100.OO BUCKS
    I EVER SPENT.OF COURSE YOU NEED A FLUKE METER TO PLUG IT INTO.BUT NEVER THE LESS A FINE DURABLE PIECE OF EQUIPMENT.
    WILL CLAMP UPTO 1 3/8 OR MAYBE 1 5/8 ,i Belive.

mike.
  • don_150
    don_150 Member Posts: 1
    I just

purchase a meter from Cooper/Atkins that seem to do alot.

MFM300 does superheat/subcooling,Delta T,measure pressure.
    relative humidiity,dry-bulb temps.display psychrometics.
    Has a data logger,and data for up to 15 different refrigerants.Measure airflow

WWW.Cooper-Adkins.
  • Marty
    Marty Member Posts: 109

With what they charge for that mfm300 they should have at least included the 4005 clamp instead of a wrap around probe. Have the clamp and its great, think they also sell one that can be used in place of a k type thermocouple.
This discussion has been closed.