Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Source for Rigid Pipe Insulation

Constantin
Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
...where I can buy rigid pipe insulation. Foam is probably OK, considering the temperatures (less than 160°F) though I think I prefer fiberglass in case things get toastier. Where in the Boston, MA area do you recommend a mere homeowner go to buy said insulation to surprise his heating contractor with?

For example, the Dow Corning stuff looks tasty, yet a local source seems to elude me. I'd like to avoid Home Despot and Lowes, if possible. Any ideas?

Comments

• Ted_9
    Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718

Constantin, most supply houses sell fiberglass insulation. But Homans Associates, a sheet metal distributor sell a lot of fiber glass insulation.

PATRIOT HEATING & COOLING, INC.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • ed wallace
    ed wallace Member Posts: 1,613
    fiberglass insulation

behind the home depot in somerville ma there is a building that has a block of stores look for mysic insulation in that building
  • michael_15
    michael_15 Member Posts: 231
    where you are

in Cambridge, I think the closest is Metropolitan Pipe and Supply. At least, I think that's what it's called. It's right next to Kendall square. Binney street, I believe.

That's where I got mine. I was pleasantly surprised at how inexpensive it was.

-Michael
  • Constantin
    Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
    Thanks Guys!

You're the best. I'll try to stop by today to get an idea what I need, then it's off to the store for some insulation. Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.