Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Retro fit Oil Hot water

Options
We currently have a 2800 sq ft. Cape. We have electric heat with a 61,000 btu Pellet stove(Harman)in the living room. We are looking to add an oil furnace with forced Hotwater Baseboard for both floors.
Our installer is leaning towrds a Peerless WBV based oil boiler.
How are these for cleaning, trouble free, price, etc.
Thank You And Thanks for the board!!

Comments

• clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,111
    Options
    CLEANING

As for cleaning i'de go with buderus equiptment 2 bolts and the combustion chamber and all flue passes are avableable to be cleaned no ceramic chamber to be replaced and a better insulated jacket then most american boilers and the cost difference is minuim and leveling legs on the boiler top notch stuff that makes servicing a brezze just in case the service guy is a bit run down .I've found them easier to clean them to the point where there as clean as the day they went in i find that a little hard to do with most american boilers given the time you get to spend on cleaning a boiler .Check out therer stuff you will not be wasting your time peace clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • Firedragon_4
    Firedragon_4 Member Posts: 1,436
    Options
    Since service is done on

either a contract or time and material or flat rate basis don't get hooked into brand names. Buy the unit your service company feels the best about. Never buy a Chevy from a Ford dealer, FACT!
  • Jon_7
    Jon_7 Member Posts: 2
    Options

Thats the boiler my installer recommended. In fact he has the same one in his house. I was just trying to get other peoples views on it.
  • Firedragon_4
    Firedragon_4 Member Posts: 1,436
    Options
    If the guy who is going to

service it has it in his own home, why do you need more info?

If you trust him, buy it from him. If you don't, well......

There are no 'silver bullets' and a panacea is best served well with maple syrup, :-).
This discussion has been closed.