Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Help-Water Level Increases on its own!

Options
Dave_28
Dave_28 Member Posts: 5
The water level of my system increases on its own...The system is manual feed...The valve is not leaking...I have shut down the house water main and the level increases anyway...I have flushed the low water many times while the boiler is at pressure and also while it is at zero pressure...The water is fairly clean. The system works great otherwise...No noise or water hammer at all...Nice balanced heat from the radiators...Any Ideas? I'm stumped.

Comments

• Kevinj
    Kevinj Member Posts: 67
    Options
    Water gain

Do you have buried returns ????
  • Robert O'Connor_4
    Robert O'Connor_4 Member Posts: 88
    Options
    do you

have a hot water coil in the boiler?

Are you sure the feed valve is reallly closing ? Lots of old valves don't close properly after a time. I would install a nice new ball valve on the feed line if you don't already have one.

regards,

Robert
  • Dave_28
    Options
    Water Level

I've got my eye on the ball valve...Its relatively new but you never know...I doubt this is the culprit though. thanks.
  • Dave_28
    Options
    Water Gain

Thanks...The returns are not buried and the low water is blown down using a bucket...This is a strange problem...I need all the help I can get.
  • Dave_28
    Options
    Hot water coil

I do have a tankless hot water coil...It is relatively new though, say 3 years...Think it may be leaking?
  • Kevinj
    Kevinj Member Posts: 67
    Options
    Coil

Isolate the coil and see if the problem goes away.....
This discussion has been closed.