Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

System 2000

Good evening,
I’m no whizz bang by any stretch of the word but I know my way around a oil burner pretty well. I recently bought a house and it has a system 2K in it. Well, all through my apprenticeship my master cursed these and would turn down work if they had these installed. I know NOTHING about them. Well fast forward to yesterday morning and the wife calls me in a high speed panic and tells me we have no hot water. Uh ohhh I have work to do. I get home and can hear a buzzing coming from the basement when I got the the boiler it appeared to be coming from one of the relays that are installed on to of the board, (the original energy manager) so I throw a new 24V 40V and it’s still buzzing. I’m lost.
Thanks!

Comments

• STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    If someone from EK doesn't pop on shortly to help you and walk you through troubleshooting, you should call them. Support is excellent.
    EK's are pretty nice. If you're a tech and now you own one, it's probably best that you get a full manual from them and see if there is a nearby class.
    EK will usually want the board back. The board is the only thing proprietary on their unit, and there is an easy troubleshooting pdf online to help you.
    steve
    Barrelmaker12MikeAmann
  • oman1565
    oman1565 Member Posts: 1
    Today I’m having the same problem with the buzzing behind the control board 
  • 109A_5
    109A_5 Member Posts: 1,377
    Hello @oman1565,

I'm assuming @Barrelmaker12 contacted EK and they resolved the issue many years ago (2019). And never posted the actual fix. The phone number looks the same.

There is some documentation on-line if you don't have it. There are some wiring diagrams in the installation manual if that would help you. https://energykinetics.com/productgallery-boilers/

National - U.S. Gas Boiler 45+ Years Old
    Steam 300 SQ. FT. - EDR 347
    One Pipe System
  • jringel
    jringel Member Posts: 27
    the tech support number has not changed. give us a call when you are in front of the boiler and we will help you get it resolved.
    John Ringel Energy Kinetics
    Jersey2Robert O'Brien