Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Crane Baseboard Panels

Tyler_A
Tyler_A Member Posts: 9
Hi all,

I recently purchased a home and it has Crane Radiant Baseboard panels. I am missing one "door/cover" that clips into the end piece. After my research through the Crane catalog I believe the panels are the "RC" Type. If someone can help me find this piece that would be great!

Attached below is a photograph for reference:

Thanks!
- Tyler

Comments

• Tyler_A
    Bump!
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,726
    This may be a case for the custom made sheetmetal shop. Bring a sample to the place that makes ductwork or roofing sheetmetal and see it they can duplicate it. Sometimes you might need to use sheet meral screws to attach the cover since the spring clip is more difficult to manufacturer.
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
    Tyler_Amattmia2reggi
  • Tyler_A
    Thank you! Would it still be possible that someone here on this forum could have this part?
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    Tyler_A said:

Thank you! Would it still be possible that someone here on this forum could have this part?

That possibility always exists, but when I was in the business, that is not something I would save for future use. That would be dispatched to the scrap pile along with the other sheet metal parts of decommissioned systems for the scrap metal value.
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,576
    You might be able to find an end cap piece for baseray that is close enough that you can replace the whole end cap with access with.
    Tyler_A
  • Tyler_A
    I thought of that as well. I assume just check out Baseray website?
  • Tyler_A

Anyone have other ideas?

Thanks!

• Tyler_A

Bump. Any other advice would be great!

• Tyler_A
    Bump. Well I guess I should reach out to a sheet metal shop.
  • Tyler_A
    Bump.
  • mattmia2
    Try google, maybe someone salvages that stuff. You could just get a NEMA blank electrical box or electronic project box and notch it to fit over the element and pipe and just take the cover on and off that.
    Tyler_A
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    I just thought of something. How many covers do you still have? Are any of them hidden, behind a couch or other piece of furniture? If not, I have a very nice ottoman that you could use.
    mattmia2ethicalpaul
  • Tyler_A
    edited June 2023
    Problem with the ottoman is that the location I am missing one is where my door to my garage opens. Good idea though...let me see if I can move some around. All the covers are in my breakfast nook area.
  • mattmia2
    It looks like you could get an oversize blank electrical box cover and make 2 metal bars tapped for some 8-32 or # 8 screws, hook the bars behind the front of the end cover and use the screws to sandwich it over the end cover.
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    edited June 2023

Too Late... already sold the ottoman on FaceBook Marketplace. Perhaps I could interest you in something else? A floor lamp, or perhaps a table saw... Some electric toasters are available.