Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

What am I look at here?

Options
Tom Sherman
Tom Sherman Member Posts: 19
Hey folks,

Hoping I can get some general info on this piece of equipment. It is currently out of service, but I'd like to be able to speak somewhat intelligently when discussing with my client. I believe it was something that was abandoned in place after useful life. Commercial building was constructed in 1975
Thanks as always.................Tom

Comments

• Tom Sherman
    Options
    PatN said:
    Thanks Pat. I checked it out. Odd thing is, there are (4) small commercial bathrooms (not tubs or showers, just a handful of toilets, sinks and urinals) in the building, so it seems to be overkill for that small number of fixtures.
  • dko
    dko Member Posts: 593
    Options
    What was the building used for in 1975?
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    Yeah it's a bit of ah overkill , I am sure it was needed before .
    I have enough experience to know , that I dont know it all
  • Tom Sherman
    Options
    dko said:
    What was the building used for in 1975?

it was built as strictly commercial office space

• Hilly
    Hilly Member Posts: 427
    Options
    I have come across to similar situations. Not the same brand but massive electric storage tanks like you have.
    1) Was a YM(W)CA built in the 70's that had a 2nd phase with a pool. 2nd Phase never did happen. They finally got rid of the overkills because they were i)asbestos lined ii)they were asme and required department of labour stamps annually and all that comes with that.
    2) An building that had a pool built in the 70's also. It was on the roof top. The pool company showed up and straight said this building cannot hold a pool. They went to the GC, went to the Eng, and what would you know... the building structure didn't take into account the weight of all the water. That's the story passed along to be in my very condensed version.

Unrelated but similar
    3*) We had a building from the 60's with an 8" water main with only a few washrooms. Come to learn that the building once housed a communication center and they had an open cooling system that used the city water main.