Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Do you need a good laugh??

Mad Dog_2
Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 6,831
PVC  and the home centers have made "plumbers"of us all!  Got Deep Seal trap?   Even my daughters who have done a little plumbing with me, but not much knew it was an "oddity."   I really get a kick out of things like this...very entertaining 👏 🤣  Mad Dog 🐕 

Comments

• pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,776
    It works!
    as my shop stewed would say

take the check?
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,273
    P P trap? :|

Yours, Larry
    EdTheHeaterManrbphhcSolid_Fuel_Man
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,024
    P S trap
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    realliveplumber
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,455
    If the tail pc was removed it probably would have fit
  • Mad Dog_2
    Ha ha...It was a well meaning Fambly member who "knows what he's doing,"  Usually just calls me for advice via the Tele.  He either did it himself or his "beloved"
    Contractor (GC) did it. The genius who charges the H--- out if him but all the neighbors rave about and can't wait to get on his list!  (Yes...I can be discreet too ha ha) I just kept it to myself. It was a fambly visit.   My lovely Mom, Colleen (RIP) who answered Triple Crown's Phones, counseled nervous customers and made the schedule from her house across  Town till her death , would always say in astonishment;
    "Matt??? What's with these People and their "contractors"?  They WET their pants 👖 over them...They walk on egg 🥚  shells with them...'oh no..My Contract says this  my contractor says no...My contractor can't come for 3 months  but I'm ok with that!!! But why can't you lowly plumbers come tommorow 😒?  It was true! It is definitely a Status symbol in the Long Island 🏝 Burbs
    To have "My contractor!" It was bragging rights on the Pop Warner Football & LAx Field and at the 🍸 cocktail parties with the Chardonnay and Xanax mothers..plumbers need to hold their heads high and Get the same adulation.   Yup that trap kills me...but I ain't sayin nothin!  Pass.me the Eye-talian proscetto, please.....Mad Dog 

kcopp
  • CLamb
    CLamb Member Posts: 273
    It's good to know that trap will still work if the house turns onto its side.
    Mad Dog_2PC7060
  • Mad Dog_2
    Ha ha...thats right?
  • STEAM DOCTOR
    STEAM DOCTOR Member Posts: 1,954
    How much __ap could a trap's trap trap, if a trap's trap could trap __ap?!?!?!!
    Mad Dog_2
  • Mad Dog_2
    Ha ha...thats right?  Mad Dog
  • archibald tuttle
    archibald tuttle Member Posts: 1,085
    probably set up for 1 and 1/4 chrome p-trap that might actually fit in the space between the drain stub and the pop up. But boy, never gonna suck that trap dry :-) That install at least has flow promoting sweeps–although to be perfectly honest I always wondered why plastic p traps aren't uniform in sweep the way chrome ones are.
    Mad Dog_2