Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Going Interesting Places

Options
You all- might enjoy seeing these steam boilers are in a high rise office building built in 1961. The building will be converted to apartments, and I think these are already abandoned. One of the enjoyable things about inspecting buildings is being able to go places such as this.
Author of Illustrated Practical Asbestos: For Consultants, Contractors, Property Managers & Regulators
guzzinerdEdTheHeaterManbburd

Comments

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,905
    Options
    If the steam is being abandoned... What is the replacement heating system going to be? Heat pumps?

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

CLamb
  • retiredguy
    retiredguy Member Posts: 911
    Options
    I went to places like that almost every day. Those 2 pass Kewanee Boilers were not the most efficient boilers but that type lasted many many years when taken care of properly. And yes, as @Ed asked, what is the new system going to be?
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,563
    Options
    With Kewanee's own gas burner, I believe.
  • FStephenMasek
    FStephenMasek Member Posts: 88
    Options
    Probably heat pumps, one per apartment.
    Author of Illustrated Practical Asbestos: For Consultants, Contractors, Property Managers & Regulators
  • FStephenMasek
    FStephenMasek Member Posts: 88
    Options
    They have already been replaced by two Raypak MVB boilers, apparently all that is needed for a 22 story tower with computers and so forth.