Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Going Interesting Places

Options
You all- might enjoy seeing these steam boilers are in a high rise office building built in 1961. The building will be converted to apartments, and I think these are already abandoned. One of the enjoyable things about inspecting buildings is being able to go places such as this.
Author of Illustrated Practical Asbestos: For Consultants, Contractors, Property Managers & Regulators
guzzinerdEdTheHeaterManbburd

Comments

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,844
    Options
    If the steam is being abandoned... What is the replacement heating system going to be? Heat pumps?
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
    CLamb
  • retiredguy
    retiredguy Member Posts: 905
    Options
    I went to places like that almost every day. Those 2 pass Kewanee Boilers were not the most efficient boilers but that type lasted many many years when taken care of properly. And yes, as @Ed asked, what is the new system going to be?
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,534
    Options
    With Kewanee's own gas burner, I believe.
  • FStephenMasek
    FStephenMasek Member Posts: 88
    Options
    Probably heat pumps, one per apartment.
    Author of Illustrated Practical Asbestos: For Consultants, Contractors, Property Managers & Regulators
  • FStephenMasek
    FStephenMasek Member Posts: 88
    Options
    They have already been replaced by two Raypak MVB boilers, apparently all that is needed for a 22 story tower with computers and so forth.