Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Small leak

Options
Hi I have a peerless boiler and I’m getting a small drip from this Anyone know what it is and how to remedy the problem 

Comments

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,852
    edited November 2022
    Options
    That is an air vent. ...and not just any air vent. It is a micro bubble air vent. I have not had much success with taking them apart to repair the float valve inside them.

Those threads on the end are 1/2" pipe thread. As a temporary fix you can add a 1/2" coupling with thread sealant (like teflon tape or pipe dope) then place a 1/2" close nipple and a 1/2" pipe cap on the threaded end to seal it until the off season. Then you can get a professional to come and repair or replace it.

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

• Mike_reichert
    Mike_reichert Member Posts: 2
    Options
    is there a way to get it to stop dripping 
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,852
    Options

is there a way to get it to stop dripping 

Take it apart and get the valve inside there cleaned out. But I would wait until the spring. just put the cap on it for now.

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    I’d be quite impressed if you can dis and reassemble the valve mechanism on that air purger. Here is a common fix😁. Or buy another and swap the top part.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    EdTheHeaterMan
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,670
    Options
    hot_rod said:

I’d be quite impressed if you can dis and reassemble the valve mechanism on that air purger. Here is a common fix😁. Or buy another and swap the top part.

I think i've seen the top assembly on supplyhouse.com although it was named in a way that made it hard to find.
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,670
    Options
  • mikedo
    mikedo Member Posts: 174
    Options
    buy a whole new one most times the screen inside is corroding unscrew the top and change the screen and screw new top on. make sure its not under pressure