Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Small leak

Hi I have a peerless boiler and I’m getting a small drip from this Anyone know what it is and how to remedy the problem 

Comments

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,713
    edited November 2022
    That is an air vent. ...and not just any air vent. It is a micro bubble air vent. I have not had much success with taking them apart to repair the float valve inside them.

Those threads on the end are 1/2" pipe thread. As a temporary fix you can add a 1/2" coupling with thread sealant (like teflon tape or pipe dope) then place a 1/2" close nipple and a 1/2" pipe cap on the threaded end to seal it until the off season. Then you can get a professional to come and repair or replace it.
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
  • Mike_reichert
    Mike_reichert Member Posts: 2
    is there a way to get it to stop dripping 
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,713

is there a way to get it to stop dripping 

Take it apart and get the valve inside there cleaned out. But I would wait until the spring. just put the cap on it for now.

Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,018
    I’d be quite impressed if you can dis and reassemble the valve mechanism on that air purger. Here is a common fix😁. Or buy another and swap the top part.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    EdTheHeaterMan
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,572
    hot_rod said:

I’d be quite impressed if you can dis and reassemble the valve mechanism on that air purger. Here is a common fix😁. Or buy another and swap the top part.

I think i've seen the top assembly on supplyhouse.com although it was named in a way that made it hard to find.
  • mattmia2
    mattmia2 Member Posts: 9,572
  • mikedo
    mikedo Member Posts: 174
    buy a whole new one most times the screen inside is corroding unscrew the top and change the screen and screw new top on. make sure its not under pressure