Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Furness won't start

moman
moman Member Posts: 1
My Furness won't start it flashes a code that says flame sencer is the problem I bought a new one and it still does same thing what should I do

Comments

• Dave Carpentier
    Dave Carpentier Member Posts: 586
    More info would be good. Is this gas or oil ? What model ?
    When it says flame sensor problem.. maybe its not a problem with the sensor, but rather that its not detecting a flame ? If its oil, be super careful about hitting the reset button a bunch of times. You could end up with a load of oil in the combustion box just waiting to light off and cause excitement.
    30+ yrs in telecom outside plant.
    Currently in building maintenance.
  • Tim McElwain
    Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
    It probably means the flame sensor needs cleaned. I would call a professional to take a look at it.
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,713
    edited November 2022
    I remember going to a supply house as a young mechanic in the HVAC field ,and dropping a part on the counter. "Can I get one of these?" Of course it was so black and dirty that you could no longer see any identifying information. The man behind the counter would always ask "Do you have the make, model and serial number of the furnace?” So I would need to go back to the customer and go into the basement and write down the make, model and serial number. After repeating this procedure about 3 times, I started to write down the make, model and serial number on every work order. That saved me a trip back to the house if I needed to get something for that furnace after I left the Job.

Now I understand why all countermen asked for that information. The same reason that @moman asked the question with no pertinent information. We are all supposed to know what is in the basement already.

@moman, can you provide any additional info?

Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,713
    edited November 2022
    OOPS, I think I offended @moman. No reply with additional info...
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
    OldManwithStick