Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

confused as to what a Mix demand is for on my new Tekmar 360

Options
I am replacing a Stadler viega Basic Heating Controller with a new Tekmar 360. I wanted the 360 for the unoccupied function mainly and the fact that my original has gone belly up. So I am not sure just what the function of the Mix Demand is for? I have the sensor tfor the inside and I guess I assumed internally that and the settings would make it act as a thermostat of sorts. Could a thermostat be connected to the Mix Demand to get things working? Or can it be used to basically turn off the unit? Any explanation is really appreciated

Comments

• pedmec
    pedmec Member Posts: 973
    Options
    It is the same as a heating demand except the control also controls a mixing valve or injection valve that will change supply temperature to your heat emitters. Varying the supply temperature to the emitters based on outdoor temperature. It will also control all the pumps and boiler. it depends on your systemto determine how you will use the 360. Check with their application manual to match what you system you have for proper installation and function.
  • Ed Lentz_2
    Ed Lentz_2 Member Posts: 158
    Options
    Thanks for the reply.   I have an email into Tekmar as well.   I think this is going to work out.
    Thanks again 
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,569
    Options
    The 360 will not do much of anything unless you tell it to. You need to provide external power to the mix demand terminals in order for it to work. Usually this power is switched from another device like a t-stat or zone controller.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • Ed Lentz_2
    Options
    I think I have it figured out.  I am going to connect a thermostat to the mix demand.  One that I can connect to my home assistant system.  That way I can control the heat .   My system is under floor radiant.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,139
    Options
    You will need to get 24V somewhere to make the stat power the 360. It needs power, not just a switch contact.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Ed Lentz_2
    Options
    Yep got that with a taco 3 zone control.