Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Viessmann Boiler Control Changeout

One of my customers has a Viessmann Vitola Biferral boiler with a Trimatik MC control that now has a blank screen, but continues to provide heating and indirect DHW. The owners want to fix the control in case it stops working completely, but Viessmann no longer supports that model. However, they do have a replacement: the Vitotronic 200 KW2 control.

We've installed 5 Vitola Biferral boilers; all of them about 20 years ago and they are all still working, but the new control is very expensive and I question how smart it is to put that money into an older boiler; how much longer will it last?

Does anyone have experience with these boilers as my history with them is all positive.

8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab

Comments

• zoulas
    zoulas Member Posts: 29
    Can Viessmann retrofit another control head to it? Instead of changing the board of the current control head. I can't imagine they have no repair path for this model. How much are they charging for the new board? This boiler new might be $15K so 10% of that may be reasonable for the repair.
  • The repair path is a new control as they don't have any replacement parts for the old one. The replacement control has a hefty price tag.
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab