Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Humming after oil burner service

Options
Don_175
Don_175 Member Posts: 126
We just had our boiler and oil burner serviced. I noticed that in the room above the boiler, the typical oil burner noise seems quieter. The oil burner is a few years old. However, the other evening when it was on, as I walked from the room above the boiler into the hallway, it sounded like our dishwasher was running. For lack of a better term, I would say it was a low hum. No buzzing etc. I went to the basement and it sounds normal near the burner. It's almost like a low resonance. Any idea what I could be hearing? Burner seems to run fine (no stalling etc) and heat is working fine. Thanks. Don

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,324
    Options
    Is the feed line from the oil tank to the burner touching something? Worse, strapped tightly to something? That will do it.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,505
    Options
    Could be your flue pipe buzzing/touching something like a pipe. Could be the cover on your aquastat.
    Carefully start pushing on things to see if you can find it or make it stop. Just be careful with the flue pipe, as it will be pretty hot.

There was an error rendering this rich post.