Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

So long, steam heat

After 26 years in our steam heated house, it is time to say goodbye. We are headed to Santa Cruz County in California, where I'd wager there is not a single steam heated house.

Steam heat has been quite a journey. Despite my ignorance of the subject, with the help of the Strictly Steam forum, I now know more about 2 pipe steam heat than many heating contractors, including the one who installed our current boiler. It is truly scary.

A shout out here to Mad Dog, who has been absent from this forum for some time. He ordered and installed custom made shut-off valves for our radiators, and installed new traps, including one on a radiator that never had one. Danny Scully of Scully Plumbing and Heating will be recommended to our house's new owners. Their company is the only one I know of in Nassau County, New York whom I would trust with steam heat.
kcoppluketheplumberHot_water_fanethicalpaulJohnNYErin Holohan HaskellAlan (California Radiant) Forbes

Comments

• jhewings
    jhewings Member Posts: 139
    Don't despair! There be steam in Cali-forn-i-e
  • bburd
    bburd Member Posts: 909
    There is certainly plenty of steam in the older apartment and office buildings in San Francisco.

Bburd
  • Jells
    Jells Member Posts: 566
    And I thought you were finally ripping the whole thing out! Lol.