Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Mitsubishi Wired and Wireless Thermostats Compatible?

BigRob
BigRob Member Posts: 322
I have a PEAD indoor unit and PUY P series outdoor unit. Mitsubishi docs don’t mention the wired (tb15) and wireless (cn105) products are not compatible, although I am experiencing odd behavior with the Kumo Cloud adapter, the MHK2, and a MA 40 wired thermostat. I have the MHK2 set to use the KUMO programs but sometimes when I switch from program to hold, the system just sets itself to off. 

Are there any special function code settings or something else to do? I’ve read the docs but maybe I missed something. The docs are odd. 

Comments

• ratio
    ratio Member Posts: 3,615
    It sounds like you're simultaneously using three different control methods. I'd expect the best thing that could happen is last change wins, but it sounds like that's not the case. The first thing I'd do is call Mitsubishi tech support—they've been very knowledge and helpful to me in the past, & I believe they have no qualms about talking to a homeowner (if such is the case). After that, I'd see about consolidating everything into one control point, maybe a PAC-US444 with a thermostat that you can interface with.
  • BigRob
    Everything seems fine now. I read a blurb that the wired controller should be used to set option codes, so I did that and no gremlins anymore. I also power cycled after I set all the options the way I wanted them.

If I was to do it over again, I'd probably just get a PAC-US444. I read a couple blurbs that I would lose some functions with the PAC-US444, so I avoided it. Unclear if that is true or to what degree it is true, but it probably is just fine. Actually the MHK2 and Kumo are just fine / good - Kumo app has some bugs but it recovers.
  • BigRob
    Even after the above things got out of sync again. I had to reset the Mitsubishi wifi adapter with the MA connected - hasn't had a problem since that.