Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

NG Prices...the future is happening

HydroNiCK
HydroNiCK Member Posts: 182
Just got this in my email

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,169
    And this surprises somebody?
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • JakeCK
    JakeCK Member Posts: 1,356
    There is a reason I've been making the moves I've been making for over a year now. Even before Ukraine. 
  • fentonc
    fentonc Member Posts: 235
    The mess in the Ukraine isn't helping, but I think NG prices in the US are going to continue approaching those in the rest of the world (i.e. way higher) because we've been building out our LNG export capacity at a strong clip since 2016. We're exporting ~15% of our total natural gas production as LNG (up from nothing in 2015), and that will probably be more than 20% in the next 3 years as more export capacity comes online. Current spot prices in the US are like $7/MMBTU vs ~$50+/MMBTU in Europe right now - who would you sell to if you had the choice?.
  • ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,590
    Am I reading that correct, as in they expect the entire season to be $299 higher? So $60 a month?

Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • fentonc
    fentonc Member Posts: 235
    I got a similar e-mail from ConEd saying they expected electricity costs to be up 27% and NG prices to be up 32% this winter vs last year.
  • ChrisJ
    If prices go up I'm going to assume fracking and drilling will come back into demand and more fuel will be tapped into.

The future is always happening. Literally.

32% certainly isn't something I'm going to panic over.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • HomerJSmith
    HomerJSmith Member Posts: 2,426
    edited September 2022
    Can you spell H-Y-P-E-R-I-N-F-L-A-T-I-O-N Hang on to your girdle, Marge, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

Seriously, hopefully someone understands Economics 101 in the hallowed halls of Congress, but then again, I'm not taking any bets.

Better get a couple of extra dogs for those really cold nites. How cold is it? It was so cold that I actually saw a lawyer standing on the corner with his hand in his own pockets.
  • ChrisJ
    edited September 2022

Can you spell H-Y-P-E-R-I-N-F-L-A-T-I-O-N Hang on to your girdle, Marge, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

Seriously, hopefully someone understands Economics 101 in the hallowed halls of Congress, but then again, I'm not taking any bets.

Better get a couple of extra dogs for those really cold nites. How cold is it? It was so cold that I actually saw a lawyer standing on the corner with his hand in his own pockets.

If you're an expert on the subject why aren't you in the hallowed halls of Congress helping us rather than on Heatinghelp.com ?
  • Erin Holohan Haskell
    Erin Holohan Haskell Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,276
    No politics here. Thank you.
    President
    HeatingHelp.com