Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Mitsubishi Mini-Split Compressor Not Running, But No Codes. Help Appreciated.

BigRob
BigRob Member Posts: 322
So I just had two new PUY-A30NHA7 and PEAD-A30AA7 units commissioned. All accessories (Kumo, Redlink thermostat) are operational. I can enter test mode. During test mode, the condenser fan activates at a low speed, I would say. The PEAD also activates. LEDs on PEAD are fine. Two solids and one blinking for comms for PEAD and the PUY red and green LEDs are solid. No error codes. AC input is solid. DC voltage at pink connector is proper. I have checked the dip switches numerous times. I do not have the IR remote, which I just ordered so I can access smooth maintenance functions. When the rain stops I plan to check compressor connections, winding continuity, reactor wiring, and wiring connections.

Questions:

has anyone seen this before?

Is this a setup or some kind of issue that is after any Mitsubishi fault checking?

Can I access smooth maintenance from the Redlink thermostat or Kumo Cloud?

Suggestions appreciated!

Comments

• JUGHNE
    JUGHNE Member Posts: 11,042
    If you just had these newly installed and commissioned, where is the installer?

Why are you chasing this thing down?
  • pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,776
    edited September 2022
    Where is the installing contractor?
    i know I wouldn’t be happy with a customer changing settings!
  • GW
    GW Member Posts: 4,691
    were they running, ever? That answer would help guide the opinions

Valves are open? It was properly commissioned?

Too many assumptions if you're not the tech. Probably something simple, these systems are rock solid. Once in a blue moon there's a glitch out of the box--extremely rare.
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
    GGross
  • BigRob
    BigRob Member Posts: 322
    edited September 2022
    New install. First power on and in test mode. No error codes. Everything worked but the compressor. Turns out the power supply board got jarred by a shock in shipping and ripped off multiple leads of the IGBT and rectifier IC's connected to the heat sink. Yes, properly commissioned. Triple evacuation down to a steady 50 microns; 400psi nitrogen test for a couple days before that.

All works now. The PEAD and PUY is a nice system.