Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Reset Button sticks

Fishby
Fishby Member Posts: 2
Just wondering what happens if the reset button stays depressed(stuck)
i just had a service done and and two hours later boiler would not kick on
the service guy says the oil pump seized he told me over the phone to try the reset button and it seem to stick what would happen if it did thanks
he said hes coming back tomorrow with a new pump it was working fine before service any ideas what happened

Comments

• Fishby
    Fishby Member Posts: 2
    sorry its a buderus115 with riello
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    I doubt your pump 'seized'. And doubt more anyone can diagnose that over the phone. More than likely the pump and fuel line weren’t properly purged and primed.
    The reset button sticking is different. Could be some crud stuck in there or it could be the control needs to be replaced.
    steve
    HVACNUTrick in Alaska
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,829
    I've had the button go off center and get stuck behind the opening. Give it a slight nudge sideways.
    Is this tech the only tech in the company? If not, I'd ask for another. How could he possibly diagnose a seized fuel pump over the phone directly after he did the maintenance? And if his superior clairvoyance could in fact diagnose it remotely, why wasn't it addressed while he was actually on site?
    Ask to see a copy of the combustion report. If he doesn't have one with time and date, then that's strike 2 and 3.
    Where is your oil tank? 1 pipe or 2? A Riello pump doesn't like a lot of lift and can sometimes be a pain to prime. If the pump and filter canister are empty,  the pump will have a hard time pulling oil. But if he's familiar with Riello, then he should've been in that situation numerous times. 
    It might not have anything to do with the fuel pump at all.

STEVEusaPA
  • Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,275
    I might add that if the pump seized, unless the Riello is a really oddball design (it isn't), the motor and blower shouldn't turn.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England