Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Question Taco 007-f4

Hello how long do these last new in the box? Meaning if I can use a $20 off coupon to buy one now, will it be ok years from now if I need it. Thanks 

Comments

• HomerJSmith
    HomerJSmith Member Posts: 2,425
    edited August 2022
    Say,What??? Do you mean that if you buy one now will the pump still be good 10yrs from now. Probably, most certainly, indubitably...
    Gilmorrie
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,713
    edited August 2022
    I have had those pumps on service trucks that sat idle for 2 years (spare service truck for technician when their truck is in the shop) and that pump will be 3 years out of warranty. I still use them and the work without a problem. Old stock when it comes to motors, keep in a dry place above 45° and below 90° and you will have no problem. If you put it in the attic and the roof leaks on the box and then it freezes, then it gets to 120° next summer, then gets wet again the following winter. It will probably still work but there is a chance for failure under those conditions.

I would buy it.
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
    HomerJSmith
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    edited August 2022
    You want to sit on one for who knows how long, to save $20? For starters there are more efficient ones on the market. And by the time you need it there will probably be a better one.
    steve
  • HomerJSmith
    HomerJSmith Member Posts: 2,425
    Search around on the internet for the best price and see if you are getting a good deal. The price will certainly increase and you may not need anything better than that. The cost to repair a pump is almost the price of a new pump.