Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Question about Dewalt DCE200 press tool

RayWohlfarth
RayWohlfarth Member Posts: 1,459
Just curious if anyone uses the Dewalt DCE200M2K press tool. I know it works with copper press fittings. Can the heads that come with it be used on Megapress fittings or do we need different jaws? Can the jaws be used for RLS refrigerant fittings or are other heads needed? I contacted Dewalt and they were not sure.
Ray Wohlfarth
Boiler Lessons

Comments

• GGross
    GGross Member Posts: 1,022
    Unless your specific jaws say otherwise you will need specific jaw sets for each material (I have never heard of a jaw set being approved for multiple applications, they are each different)

So you would need a set for Copper press, megapress, and yet another set for your specific refrigeration fittings, I do not believe that is a set in stone standard yet, at least when I checked a while back the zoomlock jaws were not the same as the maxipro jaws for example
    kcopp
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,453
    The jaws are different for copper press, black pipe and refrigeration
    kcopp
  • RayWohlfarth
    Thanks I thought so
    Ray Wohlfarth
    Boiler Lessons
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    I picked up that one a few years ago and use it occasionally. It works OK for what I need and the price was right. I also already have tons of Dewalt batteries. If I were using one every day, I think I would get the Ridgid model.
    I have the Ridgid Mega jaws and have access to the 2.5"-4" press rings. The Ridgid jaws work perfectly with Dewalt
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • RayWohlfarth
    @Zman we dont do much installs and I got it to help install a few boilers for an emergency this winter Thanks
    Ray Wohlfarth
    Boiler Lessons
    Zman