Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Seeking conversation with someone who used to work at (or run!) a HVAC or plumbing distributor

QuitCarbon
QuitCarbon Member Posts: 3
Do you know anyone that used to work at (or run!) a plumbing or HVAC distributor?

I'm doing some research into the business of distributing plumbing and HVAC products, and I'd like to speak with someone that has knowledge of the distribution business.

I'd prefer to do a complimentary informational interview, but if there is a need to pay for someone's time, I can consider that.

More info: I'm starting https://www.QuitCarbon.com to help educate homeowners on residential electrification (eg. heat pumps) and help make such projects faster and more profitable for contractors. Though I'm in the San Francisco area, I'm interested in talking with anyone relevant across the USA.

Comments

• pecmsg
    pecmsg Member Posts: 4,776
    all electric in a stat with rolling blackouts?
    JUGHNERich_49
  • Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Alan (California Radiant) Forbes Member Posts: 3,979
    edited August 2022
    It looks like a worthy endeavor.

It would be nice to see your name on your website and here as well. Personally, I like to feel that I'm dealing with a person directly.

Have you contacted local suppliers or product representatives? Cal Steam, Pace, Power Boiler Sales? Edit: I see now that you want to talk to someone who used to work in distribution. Why not someone currently?
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
    Rich_49
  • QuitCarbon
    QuitCarbon Member Posts: 3
    Hi @Alan (California Radiant) Forbes - yes, we need to add some personal touches to our website :)

Good idea on adding my photo to my profile on this website - done!

I want to speak with someone that used to work in distribution because I'm exploring going into the distribution business, and I'm guess that folks that currently work in distribution aren't going to be motivated to share the sorts of business details I'm seeking with someone that may become their competitor.
    Alan (California Radiant) Forbes