Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Looking for Grundfos Brass Circulator.

JackW
JackW Member Posts: 236
I have two single-speed brass Grundfos circulators but need one more. I'm looking for one like, or similar to the one pictured below.

Thanks,

Jack

Comments

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,713
    edited May 2022
    I believe that you may need to substitute a stainless steel model for an open system. They are more common.

Update. there is a replacement available @JackW

try this
    https://www.supplyhouse.com/Grundfos-59896121-UP15-18B7-Bronze-Circulator-Pump-1-25-HP-115V

The pump curve is close enough for government work.

Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
    JackW
  • GGross
    GGross Member Posts: 1,022
    If you are looking for a flanged one the smaller alpha pumps have a stainless model available, and then you have an ECM pump as well
    Grundfos Alpha2 15-55 SF 99163937
    JackW
  • JackW
    @GGross, I'll look into those; what's an ECM pump, and is it compatible with the two Grundfos single-speed circs that I intend to install? Thanks for the info, greatly appreciated.
  • JackW
    @EdTheHeaterMan, thanks, Ed; I'll look into one of those.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,022
    Stainless or composite body are the more common these days. If you want the older bronze body, check E bay. Plenty of old stock out there.
    The union body DHW pumps would require repiping for the connections 
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    JackW
  • JackW
    @hot_rod, I've been watching eBay, but nothing yet; I even checked FB Marketplace. I don't know what union body DHW pumps are. I doubt I'll find the exact model pump; how close to the specs of the ones I have now do I need to adhere to? What do I need to look for on the nameplates?
  • GroundUp
    GroundUp Member Posts: 1,889
    I've got one of those brass Grundfos circs on hand with 1/2" sweat connections (pretty sure it's a 15-42, will have to double check), brand new if you'd be interested
  • JackW
    @GroundUp, all my lines out of the manifold are, and the other two circulators are 3/4".
  • GroundUp
    GroundUp Member Posts: 1,889
    @JackW It could certainly be reduced to fit, the performace curve is almost identical as shown above. I looked this morning, they are actually 15-18B5 models. New on SupplyHouse they're $265 plus tax or $297 for the 3/4" version (B7), I'd sell you one of these for $200 shipped if you wanted.
  • JackW
    @GroundUp, thank you for the offer, but an almost exact match popped up on eBay the other day, so I snatched it up.

Regards,

Jack
    GroundUp