Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Looking for Grundfos Brass Circulator.

Options
JackW
JackW Member Posts: 236
I have two single-speed brass Grundfos circulators but need one more. I'm looking for one like, or similar to the one pictured below.

Thanks,

Jack

Comments

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,852
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I believe that you may need to substitute a stainless steel model for an open system. They are more common.

Update. there is a replacement available @JackW

try this
    https://www.supplyhouse.com/Grundfos-59896121-UP15-18B7-Bronze-Circulator-Pump-1-25-HP-115V

The pump curve is close enough for government work.

Edward Young Retired

After you make that expensive repair and you still have the same problem, What will you check next?

JackW
  • GGross
    GGross Member Posts: 1,050
    Options
    If you are looking for a flanged one the smaller alpha pumps have a stainless model available, and then you have an ECM pump as well
    Grundfos Alpha2 15-55 SF 99163937
    JackW
  • JackW
    Options
    @GGross, I'll look into those; what's an ECM pump, and is it compatible with the two Grundfos single-speed circs that I intend to install? Thanks for the info, greatly appreciated.
  • JackW
    Options
    @EdTheHeaterMan, thanks, Ed; I'll look into one of those.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,158
    Options
    Stainless or composite body are the more common these days. If you want the older bronze body, check E bay. Plenty of old stock out there.
    The union body DHW pumps would require repiping for the connections 
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
    JackW
  • JackW
    Options
    @hot_rod, I've been watching eBay, but nothing yet; I even checked FB Marketplace. I don't know what union body DHW pumps are. I doubt I'll find the exact model pump; how close to the specs of the ones I have now do I need to adhere to? What do I need to look for on the nameplates?
  • GroundUp
    GroundUp Member Posts: 1,909
    Options
    I've got one of those brass Grundfos circs on hand with 1/2" sweat connections (pretty sure it's a 15-42, will have to double check), brand new if you'd be interested
  • JackW
    Options
    @GroundUp, all my lines out of the manifold are, and the other two circulators are 3/4".
  • GroundUp
    GroundUp Member Posts: 1,909
    Options
    @JackW It could certainly be reduced to fit, the performace curve is almost identical as shown above. I looked this morning, they are actually 15-18B5 models. New on SupplyHouse they're $265 plus tax or $297 for the 3/4" version (B7), I'd sell you one of these for $200 shipped if you wanted.
  • JackW
    Options
    @GroundUp, thank you for the offer, but an almost exact match popped up on eBay the other day, so I snatched it up.

Regards,

Jack
    GroundUp