Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Utica UB95M-200 E02 issues

jay8555
jay8555 Member Posts: 2
I've got a 15 yr old gas boiler. A week after replacing a noisy circulator, we had an extremely windy night and I woke with an E29 error. I powered it off and could never see that error again and could not get the boiler working. We replaced the control board, then had the E29 error so we replaced the blower. Now I get an ignition error (E02) at least once a day (but usually not on a warm day). Plumber thinks the PVC pipes need to be disconnected from the burner and blower assembly and flushed. I'm open to other opinions while I wait for a gasket part. Shop vac without disconnecting? Control board parameters?

Comments

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,725
    So, I'm guessing this is the first time with this problem after 15 years of operation? Condensing boilers require regular maintenance. It is quite possible that there is a blockage in the vent or in the condensate trap. if the trap or drain pipe is blocked, eventually the water will build up and block the airway for the exhaust vent.

When was the most recent maintenance completed?

Customer "It was just serviced"
    What kind of service?
    Customer "they replaced the circulator"
    That is not maintenance... That is a repair service call. Again... When was the most recent Maintenance completed?
    Customer. "They need maintenance? I can't remember the last time."
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
    Peter_26
  • jay8555
    jay8555 Member Posts: 2
    Guilty. Lack of maintenance and guidance on maintenance from installer. What is your recommended annual maintenance on this unit?
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,367
    The service manual tells what should be done for maintenance.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
  • EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,725
    edited March 2022
    jay8555 said:

Guilty. Lack of maintenance and guidance on maintenance from installer. What is your recommended annual maintenance on this unit?

Annual maintenance on ALL condensing boilers. The manual as Bob @Ironman suggests, has all the info you need. If you are a DIY type you can get the stuff you need and do it yourself, or you can get it done by a pro. Just remember to do it correctly, it won't be cheep. You can't get an hour or more of labor for a $39.00 special sales coupon in the local shopping flyer. The more invasive procedures may not need to be annual but at least once every 3 years. But it is safe to say that Maintenance will make the equipment last longer.
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
    Ironman
  • Ironman
    Ironman Member Posts: 7,367
    An aluminum block boiler is much less forgiving when it comes to proper maintenance.
    Bob Boan
    You can choose to do what you want, but you cannot choose the consequences.
    EdTheHeaterManSTEVEusaPA