Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

LOGO/ name plates boiler or furnace

HEATON
HEATON Member Posts: 117
Still need and will pay for name plates especially old ones.. need PENNCO . Replacxed many of these boilers and did not save the name plate logo. recently bought an Iron Fireman ash tray w/ the statue(3") on it. Cool huh? Somebody was weird like me and saved them.
ayetchvacker

Comments

• gennady
    gennady Member Posts: 839
    Iron fireman. the worst burner i ever worked on.
  • HEATON
    I agree. Sold and installed many of them in the 50s & 60s in the Altoona PA area. The made good coal stokers. My collection includes a memory with every brand. Not all good, That reminds me ,I need a logo for Hydra-Pulse, the worst gas boilers circa 1980s.
  • Jason_13
    Jason_13 Member Posts: 304
    I beg to differ. the iron fireman was not the worst, I think it was oil-o-matic.
  • HEATON
    Oil-o-matic, fond memories, first one I remember was in our house that dad installed in 1953. Started working on them and installing ones when I was 14. Do you have a name plate/logo/advertisement piece I could buy?
  • HEATON
    I still need a badge and will pay for the following: Hydro-pulse, Williams Oil a Matic, Brentwood
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,804
    Where are you located. I've never seen those brands.
  • Wish I had a Hydro-Pulse.

8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
    ayetchvacker
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808

Steve Minnich
    Erin Holohan HaskellayetchvackerSTEVEusaPA
  • retiredguy
    retiredguy Member Posts: 898
    Wow, I see that most of you guys sold and serviced residential stuff. Mine was mostly large school, hospital and process boilers firing any fuel What about S.T.Johnson, Mettler, Ace, Auburn, and don't forget coal; Detriot, Auburn, Wilbert stokers. I saw the very old and the new. Had a box of name plates that were stolen.
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,453
    @retiredguy
    ST Johnson (still in business) we had some of there burners around here (I am in MA) and quite a few Ray burners, there both in California. Petro was big, Iron Fireman, I remember seeing some Ace rotary burners, a lot of Preferred Utilities, some York rotary's. Industrial Combustion, Power Flame, not to many Websters, Gordon Piatt
  • Steve75
    Steve75 Member Posts: 2
    Anyone interested in these nameplates ? They are coming out very soon in the Toronto Canada area and may be available. These were coal, then oil and then gas. Plate on 1st one might be easy, 2nd one looks like whole door and front is the name plate. That would look great on a family room wall.

ayetchvacker
  • retiredguy
    retiredguy Member Posts: 898
    Wow, I would be right at home in this boiler room. These 2 were average age for the equipment that I serviced. The normal comment I heard was, "we are so glad that these state of the art units have lasted as long as they have but we hope that they will last a few more years".
  • jpf321
    jpf321 Member Posts: 1,568
    Here are a few trinkets from my old Fitzy (Fitzgibbons) .. when I get home, I'll snap a shot of the actual logo plates which I saved, but don't have pictures of right now.

1-pipe Homeowner - Queens, NYC

NEW: SlantFin Intrepid TR-30 + Tankless + Riello 40-F5 @ 0.85gph | OLD: Fitzgibbons 402 boiler + Beckett "SR" Oil Gun @ 1.75gph

installed: 0-20oz/si gauge | vaporstat | hour-meter | gortons on all rads | 1pc G#2 + 1pc G#1 on each of 2 mains

Connected EDR load: 371 sf venting load: 2.95cfm vent capacity: 4.62cfm
    my NEW system pics | my OLD system pics
    TinmanayetchvackerSTEVEusaPA
  • smithclarkson01
    smithclarkson01 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2019
    Very awesome.

How do you get it back to default behavior where it only shows names (or bars) when in combat/engaged?
    Setting them to 0 makes them never show up at all.

Also, setting these to 1 creates weird results in places like heist/bank missions:
  • Hvac_artisan
    Hvac_artisan Member Posts: 21
    This is awesome!! I have a collection but it’s not displayed just stored for now.
    dobro23
  • dobro23
    dobro23 Member Posts: 71
    so i'm not the only weirdo?
    ayetchvackerSTEVEusaPA
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    Nice collection. Love the Ideal and Capitol tags!
    Steve Minnich
    dobro23
  • HEATON
    Thanks for the feedback and pics. Some really nice and old ones and some I would like to have. Mine are all on display including gauges. When I have someone that can take and post pics.( I'm way behind tec of today) I'll share .
    Mean while send a WILLIAMS OIL A MATIC, TORRID HEAT last owned by Cleveland steel products and Hydro Pulse model by "HYDRO THERM"
  • HEATON
    Like to have nameplates of units i'v installed and neglected to save like Bock, Bard, Fitsgibbons, Laars, Crane,Troope, Eriese,Winkler, send me some for payment... JH
  • Intplm.
    Intplm. Member Posts: 1,883
    @Steve75
    Just curious. That American Standard boiler that is coming out very soon.
    Is that a screw driver that is hovering near or on the first regulator on the gas train? And why is it there?
  • scottsen11
    scottsen11 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2019
    A boiler is a closed vessel in which fluid (generally water) is heated. The fluid does not necessarily boil. The heated or vaporized fluid exits the boiler for use in various processes or heating applications,including water heating, central heating, boiler-based power generation, cooking, and sanitation. [url=https://droidmoda.com/shareit-apk-2]shareit apk[/url]
    HVACNUT
  • smithclarkson1
    smithclarkson1 Member Posts: 1
    I've been searching all over to find the option to turn on NPC nameplates but no luck, I understand you can mouse over to see but in a large battle I'd like to see what I'm dealing with.
  • bobbob
    bobbob Member Posts: 70
    Got terribly excited when I saw you have a tag from a Crane 20 boiler, as that is the boiler I have. I am just now beginning to learn about how my boiler works, etc. I tried to find out its age on the internet to no avail. It was originally coal fired and is now NG. Would love to know what year that was done too. It looks kind of modern to be the original boiler in this circa 1900 house.