Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus Logamatic 2107 Hot water Issue

Options
We have a three zone forced hot water system with a Buderus furnace. The system heats fine but when we take showers or use hot water a bit the system shuts off heat for about 45 minutes and house gets cold. It eventually comes back on but it gets cold and takes a while to catch back up. Is there a setting I can change? Any ideas?

Comments

• HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,843
    Options

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,352
    Options
    What is happening, of course, is that your domestic hot water has priority -- so if you use it, the controls shut off heat to the rest of the system and push all the heat to your indirect (I presume that's what you have, anyway). The control change @HVACNUT shows above may help, but you may also be close enough to what your boiler and heating system can put out that it may continue to be a problem.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,786
    Options
    What is the make and model of the hot water tank ?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 755
    Options
    As others have mentioned -- Hot water production take the house "off line". It should not be taking 45 min to bring the indirect back up to temp. Now -- in the winter the incoming water is colder ... so that will make some difference.

Has it always done this? A failing pump can cause this.

What size is the indirect tank and what do you have the tank temp set to?

Also -- mine defaults to having hat water production off after 8pm and not to restart until early morning m-f and later morning on S-S. If you shower prior to production it will lower the temp.

With you having hydro air that boiler should be at temp and reheating quickly
  • tgrondine
    tgrondine Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you for the tip HVACNUT I will check the setting and see what I can change. I appreciate that
  • ianhurford
    ianhurford Member Posts: 1
    Options
    I have an ecs err code on the control panel of my buderus boiler, and have lost my hot water? Is there a way to reset? Get it back on or will I require a boiler repair? 
  • HVACNUT
    HVACNUT Member Posts: 5,843
    Options
    What model boiler? I don't see an ecs code for the 2107.