Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Options for Heating A Small Room

I'm in the process of turning one of our 3rd floor rooms into an office/mancave, but I'm struggling to find the ideal means of heating the room.

I recently bought an electric Mica convection heater for the room, but it took about 5 hours to bring the temperature up from 50 degrees to about 63. That seems like a really long time, and I'm hoping to have the temperature closer to 70, and I'll probably only use the room 8-9 hours during the week. I want something that can bring the heat up relatively quickly; perhaps within 1 hour?

I would prefer an electric source and have been doing some research. It seems the ideal type of heat (if my goal is to heat the whole room; not just the desk area) is radiant heat. I've looked at a few electric oil radiators, but every single one seems to have a few negative reviews saying they've sprung a hot oil leak, and I'm really trying to avoid that.

Are leak-proof electric radiators a thing? haha

If not, what are some other options??

The room is roughly 135 sq ft.

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,162
    see my comment in your other thread
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
  • EBEBRATT-Ed
    EBEBRATT-Ed Member Posts: 15,453
    Regular electric baseboard is trouble free and will heat fast if you put in the right amount. I heat a small condo 1 floor is about 550 square feet with 14' of baseboard.
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,022
    A fan convector will be a faster recovery, faster heat up. I think you can get electric kick space heaters or install them in a wall cabinet.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream