Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tekmar 260 Control Issue

Customer has a Tekmar 260 Control for 4 waste oil boilers, with a primary pump, and two aux loop pumps. When the control is put in test mode, pumps run, boilers each cycle on one at a time. However, if you try to use the max heat feature, or just having the system in normal operation, the pumps never get energized. Currently the boilers cycle off of the boiler controls, and there is no circulation happening on the system. Any help would be appreciated. I'd think its a controller issue, but everything cycles ok during the test mode which makes me wonder it is something else.

Comments

• EdTheHeaterMan
    EdTheHeaterMan Member Posts: 7,713
    The Tekmar 260 is for a single boiler system. Is there a 260 on each of the 4 boilers?

Since this can't operate more than one boiler, we will need more info on the setup
    Edward F Young. Retired HVAC ContractorSpecialized in Residential Oil Burner and Hydronics
  • STEVEusaPA
    STEVEusaPA Member Posts: 6,506
    The instructions show you how to check out all the terminals with a meter for proper voltages.
    steve
  • MWestrick
    MWestrick Member Posts: 2
    Mistyped the model. It's a 264 controller. 
  • Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    I would first verify that the sensors are connected to the pipes and that they are reading the actual temp. You may need to go into the advanced menu to do that.
    Make sure it is not in WWSD.
    Double check the configuration of the pumps. Someone may have hit the wrong button and changed a setting.
    Lock the unit down to user level when you are done.

https://www.watts.com/dfsmedia/0533dbba17714b1ab581ab07a4cbb521/81357-source/264-d-06
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • Mike_Breault
    Mike_Breault Member Posts: 35
    Mike Breault from tekmar here, if this is still an issue, callus a 800-438-3903,